Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"I don't like him."

Denali looked at Anakin, shocked by his outbursts. She crossed her arms as they continued to walk.

"Who are you talking about?" She asked him.

"Who do you think? That guy is just too suspicious to me. Did you see the way he had his arms all over you?" Anakin asked her, his anger obvious in his voice. Denali rolled her eyes.

"First of all, Gerg was like an older brother to me when I was-"

"A bounty hunter?" Anakin asked. "You never said you were a bounty hunter when I first met you. Because that definitely would've been some great information to have."

"I said that I was in a gang, usually gangs are filled with bounty hunters. I even went on a few bounties." Denali told him.

"And how old were you?" Anakin asked in a testy kind of tone.

"I started when I was ten." Denali told him, a smirk on her face. Anakin wiped the feisty tone from his lips, admitting defeat. Obi-Wan had been unusually quiet since the encounter with Gerg. She was beginning to grow worried. He was never this quiet when she was around. He usually had something to say.

"Look, Gerg isn't as bad as you think. He knew that Danik was a bad guy-"

"After he punched you across the face." Obi-Wan piped in, anger and disappointment covering his words like a blanket. Denali looked at him, shocked. She could handle one outburst about her past life from one of her friends, but another from her secret HUSBAND that had been so personal-

"I'm not talking about this with you two. It's not like you two would understand anyway. Just forget it. I'll meet you back at Padme's apartment." Denali spat at the two of them. She turned around to walk away as Obi-Wan tried to stop her.

"Denali, wait-"

"No, it's fine. Just run your mouth about the man that had been the brother I had always wanted. The man that had SAVED MY LIFE less than ten minutes ago. Go ahead, just warn me next time so I don't have to hear it." She spat at him, then walked away, lifting her hood of her cloak over her head. Obi-Wan groaned, knowing that he shouldn't have said that to her. He knew that the whole relationship with her brother still bothered her, and he had completely disregarded it.

"What's wrong with her?" Anakin asked.

"She's mad because I'm a total idiot." Obi-Wan said with a sigh as he began to follow her. "Go back and check on Senator Amidala. Make sure that she's alright and safe. Tell Chewbacca that I'll be back with Denali as soon as I can." He told his apprentice. Anakin sighed.

"Are you sure I shouldn't talk to her?" Anakin asked. Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks.

"I believe that it would be better if I alone spoke with her." He said, not even looking over his shoulder.

"Yes, Master."

She stood at the bar once again, alone, her face hidden underneath the dark fabrics that disguised her within the boundaries of the lower city. It had been a few hours since she had last seen her friends, but she didn't mind. She'd find them again soon enough. After a few minutes of anxiously looking around, she finally found him. Well, he found her.

"A little bird told me that you wanted to speak with me." She heard a whisper in her ear. She smirked.

"I think outside would be a better place to speak. Too many unwanted ears around here." She said to him as she walked beside him. They made their way out of the club, this one was different than the one they had been in before. It was located farther away from the site where the bounty hunter had been killed. Farther away from any unwanted spectators.

Assassin (A Star Wars Fan-Fiction) Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें