Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

"That was perfect timing, Master." Anakin told Obi-Wan through his transmitter inside of his fighter, a huge grin on his face. Obi-Wan couldn't help but smile as well. Anakin was right, it had been great timing for Jango's son to steal that ship at just the right moment. Now, thanks to him, they'd be finding Denali, too. And not only that, but they'd have the Council's blessing as well. Everything had worked out perfectly.

"I'll admit, you're right about that." Obi-Wan replied to his apprentice through his own transmitter from his own ship, just a few yards away. "I can't say that it was under the best circumstances, but at least we might be able to find some trace of Master Bleway on this mission."

"I just hope nothing bad has happened to her." Anakin told his master, a slight hint of anxiety in his voice as they neared Tatooine. Anakin took a deep breath, remembering the horrible moments he had spent on this planet less than a few days ago. So many things had happened to him since then. 

His mother had died, he had realized that he was in love with the girl he had met ten years ago, but had married another. It was true. Anakin had secretly married Padme when he was escorting her back to her home planet of Naboo. It was an evil thing for him to do, and he knew it. But someday, possibly years from now, he'd reveal his relationship with the senator. And Denali would regret not loving him, because she would know that he couldn't be hers.

At least, that's what he thought she would feel. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"And this is my home." Mi said as she and Denali entered a small run-down apartment. It wasn't anything too spectacular, just a little room with a couch to sleep on, a freezer to keep food and drinks cold, and a window for someone to crawl through if there was a fire and you couldn't get to the door. The flooring was made of cheap leather, most likely from bantha fur, and the ceiling was nothing more than sticks and twigs lashed together with leather cords. But Denali didn't complain, it was nice of Sekhmi to offer her a place to stay, even if it was only temporary. The two stepped inside and Mi closed the door behind them, turning a small lamp on in the corner of the room.

"I know it's not much, but it's home." Mi told her as she sat down on the small couch.

"No, it's fine. It's way better than my home right now, that's for sure." Denali told her, joining her on the couch and pulling her legs up, her thighs pressed up against her chest. There was a moment of silence between them, until Denali spoke up again. "Why are you letting me stay here? A complete stranger?"

"Don't laugh at me when I say this, but I feel like you're a trust-worthy person. Something about you is just....I don't know. I'm probably just sounding crazy now." Mi said as she stood up.

"No," Denali said, standing up as well and putting her hand on Sekhmi's shoulder. "I totally understand. Is it like a pleasant feeling that starts in your gut, then works it's way to the rest of your body?" she asked her. Mi nodded. "I get that feeling all of the time when I'm around good people, trust-worthy people, why do you think I didn't kill you in the bar?"

"Really?" Mi asked her, a small smile starting to form on her lips. Denali nodded, then walked across the room to the small freezer and opened it. Putting her hand inside, she pulled out a small bottle of water, then looked back at Mi.

"I have a little test for you." she told to the Togrutian teenager. "If you can get this bottle from me without moving from where you are, I'll give you fifteen credits." Denali told her. Mi raised an eyebrow.

"From all the way over here? I think you may be crazier than I thought, Shendira Dren." Sekhmi told her.

"Come on, just close your eyes and extend your hand. Maybe something crazy will happen and you'll actually be able to get it from here." Denali said with a slight smirk.

"For fifteen credits?" Mi thought for a moment, before shrugging. "I guess I'll do it for the cash." Mi closed her eyes and extended her hand. Denali waited for a moment, hoping that her test was right. If she had assumed correctly, then Sekhmi was most-likely Force-sensitive. But if she assumed wrong, then she would've lost nothing. As the moments dragged by, Denali began to think that maybe she had been mistaken.

"This is crazy." Mi said.

"Just keep trying. Imagine those credits." Denali told her. Sekhmi squeezed her eyes closed, her hand starting to cramp up with all the effort she was putting into it. Within seconds, Denali felt a slight tug on the bottle of water. A small smirk formed on her lips as she realized that Sekhmi was in fact Force-Sensitive. "I think I felt it move, keep trying."

"Okay, now you're just messing with me." Mi said with a huff as she opened her eyes.

"No, I'm serious. Keep trying." Denali said to her. Realizing that Denali was serious, Mi closed her eyes one last time and extended her hand once again. This time, the water bottle flew through the air and landed in her palm. Denali smirked as Mi's eyes widened and she stared at the water bottle. 

"And this explains the feeling you get around trust-worthy people." 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Boba sat in the cockpit of his ship as it landed on the dry dusty sand of Tatooine. Noticing the other ship a few yards away, which bleonged to Master Yoda and Padawan Chewbacca at the moment, he knew that he was in the right place. Turning the engines of the ship off, he climbed out and walked out of the ship, down the loading ramp. You'd think that he was too young to fly his own ship, but he had learned a thing or two from his father within the short amount of time they had spent together.

Now that he was on the Jedis' tails, all he needed to do was follow them to Denali.

He ran across the sand, making his way towards Master Yoda's ship in case they were still there. But once he got there, he noticed that the ship was empty. Just before he would've given up all hope, two sets of footprints in the sand caught his eye.

Knowing exactly who they belonged to, he decided to follow them.