Assassin (A Star Wars Fan-Fiction) Book 2

~Prologue~

Denali waited outside, her dark cloak on, hiding her within the shadows as the rain came down. Naboo had been having some strange weather since the end of the battle, but it hadn't surprised Denali. It had been a week since Qui-Gon's death, and Denali could tell that Obi-Wan was still having troubles trying to cope with his grief. She had been by his side the whole time, though. She had been there for him whenever he needed her (which was quite often).

At the beginning of the week, Obi-Wan had gotten sick with grief. He had a fever and vomited every few hours, he constantly needed a cold washcloth on his forehead and had to take medicine that he could never keep down. It had been really tough. But did she leave his side? Did she leave him the first time she saw all the disgusting throw-up on the floor of his bedroom? Of course not.

She stayed by his side through it all. Whenever he vomited, she was there to pat his back and tell him that he was alright. Whenever he needed to take his medicine, she was always the one to hand him the pills. Whenever the cold washcloth on his forehead would get warm, she'd go and get some ice to replace it. But she didn't have much choice, Obi-Wan wouldn't let anyone else help him.

Master Fisto had taken Anakin and Chewie to the Temple for future training purposes, leaving Obi-Wan and Denali with a full week off together on the planet. Denali was excited that Anakin had been permitted to become a Jedi apprentice, even though she was disappointed that Anakin hadn't been requested to her. She wanted to be Ani's Master, but Obi-Wan had beaten her to the punch.

She twirled the promise ring around her finger that Obi had given her. The small blue stone in the middle sparkled in the moonlight through the rain. She couldn't believe that Obi-Wan had actually taken the time to find her a promise ring. The turquoise rock was polished and was fashioned to look like a rose, her and Obi-Wan's names were carved on the inside of the silver band. She couldn't believe that he had actually gotten this for her.

"Denali," she heard a voice say. She looked up from her ring and saw a cloaked figure walk out of the building she had been waiting outside of. She had no idea where they were, all she knew was that it was two o' clock in the morning, Obi-Wan had woken her up, told her to get her cloak because it was raining, and pulled her out of her room in the palace and through the town half asleep.

"What is all of this about, Kenobi?" She asked as she ran towards him. He grabbed onto her arms, a huge smile on his face underneath his hood as they stood there in the rain. She stared at him, a confused expression on her face as he suddenly pulled her close. She was so confused.

"Obi-Wan, please tell me I'm just having some bizarre dream." She said to him through the rain.

"Give me your hand." He said to her.

"Obi-"

"Don't ask questions, just do it." He told to her. She groaned in frustration, but did as he asked. She held her right hand out to him, and he took it in his. Her promise ring seemed to sparkle even more than it had before, a beautiful representation of his love. Obi-Wan took that ring off, handed it to Denali, and slid a different one on. Instead of just a small blue stone on a silver band, there was a miniature diamond on a golden one.

"This is the real thing, not a promise ring." Obi-Wan said to her, assured her. Denali put her left hand over her mouth in pure shock as she gazed at the stone. She then looked at Obi-wan skeptically.

"Obi, are you sure you didn't drink something that's made you lose your sense of judgment?" Denali asked. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. And put his hands on her shoulders, a huge smile on his face.

"Denali, I love you. I'm serious about this."

"But Obi-"

"If we don't do this now, we may never have another chance." He said as he showed her the golden ring on his finger. The only difference from hers was that it didn't have a large diamond in the center. She looked up at him and gently placed her hand on his cheek. She didn't know what to think.

"Obi, we're only teenagers. You may change your mind about me." She said to him. He just shook his head.

"I'm not leaving you. I love you, Denali Bleway." He said as he got on one knee. Denali could feel the rain of her cheeks become replaced with tears of happiness. "Denali, will you do me the honor of becoming my secret wife? My one and only love?" He asked her. She smiled through her tears and pulled him to his feet, out of the puddles of water that seemed to flood the street. She hugged him tightly and refused to let go. She'd never. And Obi-Wan hugged her back just as tight.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." She whispered into his ear.