Chapter 1

TIME SKIP : 10 years later

~Jamie's POV

I am now 15 years old, and Oscar is 26.

After that day, 10 years ago, I went to the funeral, but no tears came out no matter what I did. I had learned that my heart was broken, and the tears wouldn't fall again unless someone fixed it.

I kept on taking piano lessons, and I was taught at home by Grandpa himself because I didn't want others to take pity on me, while Oscar was taught at the town school nearby.

Piano became my main priority, since I didn't go to school. I would always play it whenever there was time possible. I didn't know what skills I had, I just know that I could play the piano.

One day, while I was playing when I was seven, I guess one of Oscar's friends heard me while he and Oscar were talking outside of the house.
He ran inside the house, I was playing Fantasie Impromptu when he gasped.
I stopped playing.

He looked at me with big eyes as Oscar walked in.
He pointed at me and said,
"That's your sister?"

"No, that's my brother," Oscar said sarcastically.

I gave him a glare.

"That was awesome!" His friend said as he clapped. "I wish I could play like that!"

"Thanks...," I said slowly.

Then my brother and his friend said their goodbyes, and his friend was now gone.

I let out a sigh of relief that was mixed in with happiness.
I put on a small smile.

Ever since that day, I couldn't smile big or laugh, but I could show emotion.

'I'm probably not really good' is what I kept on telling myself, so I pushed myself to be one of the best, never giving up.
-----

That was what happened after that day, now on to the actual present.

I am technically running to go somewhere, but I'll tell you what's in the present first.

Oscar is 26, and he has a wife and 4 kids.
4 kids, and they are fraternal quadruplets.
2 boys and 2 girls. They are all 4 years old. Their names are Luke, Jasper, Mina, and Whitney. The boys have my orange hair and Oscar's green eyes. The girls have my brother's jet black hair and my brown eyes.
I think it's a good match.

His wife, my sister-in-law, can't believe I already have a sister-in-law, is a good person, I tested her out. Heheheheheh.
Her name is Kate, and she is really funny and nice. I'm glad my brother chose the right person, they seem like they're in love every time they look at each other, hopefully they don't end up behind a trash can like the couple on my birthday 10 years ago.

I am now 15, I still don't know how good my learning skills and what I've learned are.
I don't know about the piano playing skills either. I'm probably past the beginner level, though.

I got into a prestigious school called Harmic Academy.
It's pretty serious, over 1,000,000 students compete in a written and performance test to get a place in this academy from all over the world. So, there are a lot of foreign students, but they know English.
It makes me feel bad about myself...
Only 100 are chosen. 50 boys and 50 girls.
Basically 1 out of 10,000
Everything that leads to your life counts, and the boy and girl who has the highest score will be the presidents for each gender.

The presidents take care of the rules and help the teachers out, as well as teach the students themselves, they have separate rooms for their instruments, just for them.
It must be nice to be chosen for the president.