Chapter 5

~Jamie's POV

As the music started, I could hear the solo beat of the drums starting it off.

Then came the classical guitar with its melody, while the drums sort of faded away. It had the feeling of a calm, bittersweet love.
Then came the tension.

The sound of an electrical guitar clashed in with the drums as the drums suddenly came back in the song, and to be honest I thought it would sound bad, but it didn't.
It sounded like a journey across the world with someone you love, but in the middle it started to sound like it was an one-sided love.

I was totally mesmerized. I just fell into the music with its tune.

The person that loves the other who doesn't love them back turns heartbroken, and starts to leave, then suddenly a hand holds their hand telling them not to go. They turn around and see that the other finally loves them back. I feel that kind of story of romance in the song.

The composed piece ended with the classical guitar slowly and softly. This feeling was sort of like a gentle, heartfelt kiss.

When the music was over, everyone bursted into the loudest noise I've ever heard all day. The claps were making Mark all happy so he smiled.

I turned to the girls to see that they had all swooned. I rolled my eyes and looked at Mark again only to see he was looking straight at me.

I, being all unsocial, turned back and wondered if he was looking at someone behind me. Then I looked back at Mark and saw that he was laughing yet again.

His laugh makes other people feel like they belong. I smiled, and he looked at me when I did so he smiled back. So much smiling today.

This went on forever until Mrs. Teran said something.

"Alright! That's enough, we still have 20 more to go through, and 30 minutes left, chop chop!" Mrs. Teran said.

"Jamie Minuet," She said.

Aughh... Why am I always in the very front or the very back of the line!

I slowly stand up and scoot myself towards the front of the auditorium-like classroom.
I sat in the slightly gray chair.

She turned on the music, and I closed my eyes, I could feel everyone staring at me very intensely.

I listened to the music that I composed again. An intense fight of love indeed.
I could perfectly feel the characters come straight out of the music piece and into my mind.

The two people fated to be with each other, cannot find each other.
Until, they see that little ray of hope and keep on going forward.
Then, they finally meet each other.
Ah, the drama in my song, though.

Then the music ended slowly with the piano.

I opened my eyes. Everyone was staring at me very intensely this time with their mouths and eyes wide open. Really? Not again, please. And not a single clap. Wow. Like who are these people?!

Now that I noticed, some people were crying.
I was suprised. Being the naïve person I am, I wondered if they were sick.

Then from behind me, Mrs. Teran said, "Thank you for your performance, you may sit down now."

She was covering her face with her hand, I saw tiny droplets on her dress. Is she sick, too?
I'm wondering as to what happened.
But I'm not one to look at other people's personal business, so I went back to my seat, everyone staring at me the whole time.

I saw that Mark had his eyes wide open. Oh whoops, almost forgot about him.
I sort of smiled at him and sat down on the chair and put my head into my arms.