Chapter 3

~Jamie's POV

"I will be your homeroom teacher for this year!" Mrs. Johnson said cheerfully.
"We will start by calling attendance."

When she started calling out names, I couldn't help but shift my gaze to Adrian.
He was still reading that book...

"Adrian Provitt," Mrs. Johnson said.

"Here," He said.

He looks so calm.
I wonder what instrument he plays.

"Jamie Minuet!" She yelled.

"Oh, uh here," I said.

Everyone was staring at me, I guess I was too busy gazing at Adrian to notice.
Why am I even looking at him?

"Cody Hansen," She spoke.

"Here," He said.

I looked at Cody, and he gave me a smile.
I smiled back.

Then Mrs. Johnson started talking about school priorities and rules, and it was getting kind of boring.

Then the bell rang, I was so happy for it to be over.

I looked at my schedule and found my next class to be vocals.
Great. I don't really know if I can sing because I haven't sung in forever.

I decided to ask Adrian what class he had next.
I just feel like asking him because he looks like one of those people that you feel like you need to protect.

"Hey Adrian, what class do you have next?" I asked him.

He glanced at his paper and said,
"Vocals,"

"Seriously? I have the same class! Let's walk together!" I suggested.

"Okay," He simply stated.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Cody staring at me.
Maybe it was just my imagination, oh well.

We took a long time going up the stairs because I was constantly talking.

When was the last time I talked like this to another person?
We finally arrived to the room, and we entered.

Yet again, everything was quiet when we entered, then it got normal again.
Geez. I'm sorry that I'm such an eyesore, but don't be so mean about it, people.

I found my desk, and it turned out to be next to a desk. There are groups of 2 seat desks. Great. I was next to some random guy that had his eyes closed with his earphones in his ears with curly blue hair.
His figure was tall, and not too muscular, but he looked strong.
He had a blue tie, which means he is a second year.

Dang it, I wanted to sit next to Adrian, but it turns out he was sitting at the group of tables beside me. Oh yay!

I smiled to myself.
Then I looked at the guy that was next to me.
He had his eyes open, and he looked at me.
He had reddish brown eyes.

I suddenly turned my head and looked away.

Then the professor walked in.
It was a man this time.
He had black ruffled hair pulled back into a short ponytail and glasses that covered his brown eyes.
He had a broad figure.
He looked pretty young, maybe in his mid-30s.

"Hello class, my name is Mr. Gafton, and I am the vocals teacher," He said.

"I will now call you one by one to sing a short line of the song 'I Love You Too Much' to see what your voice sounds like, and what you need practice on," He said.

Oh, no, I haven't sung in forever!
I don't know what my singing voice sounds like!

Then Mr. Gafton put on a video to show us what the melody was like, then he called names one by one and played on the piano to match our voices.