Chapter 4

~Jamie's POV

As I looked around, I saw Cody. The look in his eyes from that stare was still there, but when he saw me, his face changed to a cheerful expression.

I was relieved.
I went up to him and asked,
"Do you know why everyone keeps on staring at me?"

"Maybe because everyone knows each other, but they don't know you," He said.

"Is it because I passed the given scholarship test?" I asked again.

"Probably, because everyone else here tranfers to here by default by their rank in their families, and you're technically the only one to make it through the test," He said.
"And you're wearing pants."

I was shook.
"I mean, come on, the test wasn't that hard, and what's wrong with pants?" I said.

"I don't know, maybe because every other girl is wearing a skirt, and you're wearing pants, some people are even assuming your gender," Cody said while laughing.

I blushed.
"Well, there's too much information that's shown to prove that I'm a girl," I said while looking at my chest, but I forgot that I was a bit flat-chested. Cody and I locked gazes and we both looked away at the same time in embarrassment.

"Um.., like my hair! My hair is long right!" I said to Cody.

Cody just laughed.
"Yeah, it's very long and smooth, I like the orange color, too," He said.

"Thank you," I said.

Then it turns out that I sat right next to him in class as partners.
So, I sat in my seat next to Cody and put my head down.

I could feel his hand pat my head and touch my hair. It felt good.
What the heck am I thinking?!

He continued to pat my hair, and it was really refreshing, until the teacher came in.

"Yo, my name is Mr. Kent, and I am the music history teacher," the teacher said.

Then Mr. Kent went on and on about himself and started on composers of the Baroque period. We stopped at Beethoven. Learning history is actually pretty fun.

But Cody would always stare at me.
I shivered most of the time, but it felt nice because someone is actually paying attention to me. Hopefully, that isn't a weird thought...

Once class was over, I had composing class.
Cody and I said our goodbyes and separated ways.

Great, this was in another building. I think it was building #2.
I ran outside while trying not to breathe, and I ran into the building.

Composing class was in the first door to my right.
I entered and everyone was quiet again.
But this time, it seemed like they were already quiet. The room was sort of like an auditorium that went downwards. It wasn't too big, and it wasn't too small. There was a single huge smartboard near the teacher's desk.

"Please find your seat, Ms. Minuet," Someone behind me said.

I turned and saw a lady that was maybe in her late thirties.
She had a small and slim figure.
She had blonde hair in a tight bun with glasses that were red, and eyes that were icy blue.

"Yes ma'am," I said without thinking.

I turned back around quickly and tried to find my desk.

Great, it's another one of those partnership desks. I'm serious, does this school want to provoke relationships?
I found my seat next to a boy with messy gray hair and a smile. He looks pretty sporty and athletic with his wide back. Okay, okay, every single boy seems atheletic, but this guy seems like he's on another level. His eyes are dark purple. He had on a red tie, he is a third year.

He's staring at the window. Hm, looks like the casual talker, great figure, and good looks.
I think girls fall for him, not that I would ever fall.

I sat next to him, and his attention was straight to me.
He gave me this look that has a feeling of welcome in it. He smiles. I smile back.

The bell rings, showing that it's time to start class. The teacher starts to speak.

"Hello, my name is Mrs. Teran, and I am the composition teacher," She said.

So she was married after all.

"Today, we will be exercising our skills, you all will be tested on your advantages, and will get individual judgement from me on your composed pieces tomorrow," She said.

"I will give you 20 minutes to compose a minimum three page piece with the theme of love, and it will be presented to everyone in the class after those minutes are over. It can be as simple as two notes, just put your abilities to the test," Mrs. Teran continued.

"Everyone get out your laptops, and download the link I've given you all, and compose a piece from there, any instrument/instruments can be added." She said again.

"Begin." She said at last.

I shuddered. I haven't really composed anything, ever. What's up with this school and quick testing? I'm really getting tired of these tests.
I just went into my laptop, opened up the email and downloaded the link.

The link was a computer editing thing where you can make your own piece of music using one or more instruments.
I plugged in my earphones and flashdrive and got started.

I just found a certain melody on the top of my head that can maybe fit the theme of love.
I found my piece to be a sad theme where two people desparately search for one another, something like that.

I decided to put piano as the base and add violin as the contrasting second melody, sort of acting as the second person trying to find the other.
Then I switch the roles of the piano and violin, the two who are trying to seek each other.

Then there is a climax, where the two are really desperate to the point of destroying everything in their path to find each other, and they almost give up, but they see that one light. This part of the music piece should be dramatic.

Then at the very end, the melody of both come together, and the song ends slowly and softly. It harmonizes the two and signals that they have found each other.

I finish the song, it took five pages.
I named it 'Unforgotten Temper'.
Being me, I've always hated looking back on my work after I finished everything because I was too lazy to change things if they were wrong, and I loathed being wrong.
So I didn't check over my work, I just gave my flashdrive to the teacher.

It turns out that I finished my piece in 10 minutes, so I still had another 10 minutes left.

I decided to take a view around me. All the people were looking at their laptop screens, there were many clicking noises.

I grew bored, so I decided to out my head down and look at the gray-haired boy next to me.

I stared at him with my melancholy brown eyes. I think I stared at him for too long because he sort of coughed, and I went back to my senses. I mouthed an 'I'm sorry' and made an embarrassed expression. He just smiled.

But that didn't stop me from looking at him again. I think I fell asleep looking at his focused purple eyes. I awoke at the sound of Mrs. Teran saying,"Time's up!"

"Hm, what?" I said loudly.

Everyone stared at me.
I just coughed and brushed it off.

"Anyway, I will turn on the music pieces one by one and judge them according to everything, from feeling to chords," Mrs. Teran said.
"Go to the front of the classroom when I call your name and sit in the chair until your piece is over so people know who made the piece."

Oh great. I'm dead. I probably will get a bad grade and fail this school. Ughhh.
Sorry, I am a bit of a pessimist at times.

"Mark White," Mrs. Teran said.

The guy next to me stood and walked over to the front of the classroom, high-fiving guys as he did.
He sat on the chair, and the music started.

END OF CHAPTER

I hope this chapter was better...
Again, I'm not that experienced so try not to expect too much from me.
As always, keep in touch.

-Gia