Chapter 8

~Jamie's POV

As I opened the door to my dorm room, I expected to see a blonde-haired and tan, all pink-dressed girl texting on her phone, but I was dead wrong.

I saw a girl that had hair that had a pixie-cut that was dyed electric purple. She had a skinny and tall frame as most models do, and she was wearing purple pajamas that matched her hair.

Her makeup was so on point though.
She had large eyes of blue and a cute face structure that most girls would die for.

"Hey, my name is Jamie Minuet, and I am a first-year," I said, making the first move.

"Hey, my name is Paige Mercuy, and I am the ever-so-popular model that shares a room with you, who is a third-year," She said.

"Uh, nice," I said.
"You know, you were the first girl that actually talked to me to my face."

"Uh, Cool," she said while just staring at me blankly.

Then we both bursted out laughing.
I don't know why, it just happened.

"I feel like I'm going to have a good year," She said while she smiled.

She had dimples...
Of course she did, I sighed.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, and I'll help you unpack your stuff," She said.
"Dinner's in an hour in the dining room of this dorm."

They even had a dining room at this dorm?!
Oh well, lucky me.

Paige and I unpacked everything and organized my stuff. She was a great help, and she has a funny personality.
I opened up to her very easily.

I changed into some orange sweatpants and a sweatshirt as well.
I put my messy hair into a bun and put on my black glasses.

"Come down for dinner!" We heard Britten yell out.

It was eight o' clock, and it was time for dinner.
We went down the stairs to meet all the rest of the girls, 48 to be exact.

There literally was a cafeteria in the dining room, it was an all-you-can-eat buffet.
There were 10 tables for 5 people to sit in each.

"Follow me," Paige said.

I followed Paige to the line for food, and we each got a plate and got food.
The buffet was very clean.
Very amusing, I tried my best not to spill anything.

Paige sat down at a table, and I recognized the girl named Anais and two other girls sitting next to her.

I sat down next to Paige while I made eye contact with Anais.

She gave me a blank stare, and I gave her a blank stare back.

She held out her hand and said,
"Très bien, your tennis skills were really awesome!"

I shook her hand while smiling, and I said,
"Thanks! And is your knee alright?"

Anais laughed and said,
"Yes, it's been better,"

The people next to Anais were giving me glares, so I glared back, hard and cold.
They grew nervous and avoided eye contact.
Hahaha. Don't mess with me now.

Then it turns out that Anais and Paige are best friends, and they started talking about the latest fashion while the 2 other girls were sneaking glances at me while I snarfed down my spagetti.

I wiped my mouth with my napkin, and dinner was over.
We were dismissed by Britten, and Paige and I went upstairs to our room.

It turns out that Paige is an early bird so she fell asleep on her bed the moment we entered the room.