Chapter 10

~Jamie's POV

As soon as I opened the door to go into history class, I bumped right into Cody.

Once again, my glasses fell off, and I was on the ground looking for them again.

I saw a familiar object before me as I squinted. My glasses!
I reached out to grab them before someone damaged them.

Then a random girl opened the door and stepped on my glasses.
There was a large cracking sound.

I was filled with rage. I might not be able to see clearly at the moment, but I'm not blind.
I put my hand on the girl's shoulder turning her around to face me.

"I expect an apology," I said with a slight growl in my tone as the girl sweatdropped and held her hands up to surrender.

"I-I'm s-sorry," she stuttered out.

I smirked and lightly pushed her into the wall and faced downwards afterward as I tried to pick up the glass from my glasses.

"Ugh, how troublesome," I muttered out.

"Let me help," said someone behind me.

I turned around and saw blond hair. I squinted and saw that it was Cody.
I almost forgot about him.

"And I'm sorry about bumping into you earlier," He said in a sad tone.

"Ah, it's fine, everyone makes mistakes like that," I said while laughing nervously and making an uneasy face out of anger.

At that moment, I was hit with bad luck.
I didn't realize that I was gripping on the broken glass with my hands very tightly.

I looked at my hands and saw red everywhere. I dropped the pieces of glass. Great, another mess to clean up.

I sighed as I stood up to go to the bathroom to clean my hands.
Then Mr. Kent was suddenly in front of the door.

"Explanation?" He said with a suprised tone as he looked at my hands.

Then Cody explained everything about the broken glasses thing.

"Ah, I see," He said with a nod in his head.
"Cody, you can take her to the nurse's office to get her hands cleaned."

"Yes, sir," Cody replied.

"The rest of you, hurry and take your seats," Mr. Kent said as the bell rang.
"I'll clean this up later."

I nodded.
I could see okay, I mean they were my reading glasses, but I still can't see things far away.

Then Cody picked me up suddenly. I was carried princess-style by him.

I automatically grew shocked and a bit tense. Then Cody pulled me closer to his chest and at that moment, I felt safe.
I started to relax a bit.

"Since your hands are bleeding, I don't think you can walk properly from blood loss," He said with a smile.
"I'll carry you to the way to the nurse's office."

I had a mental question in my head. How could he carry me right now? I'm like probably just 10 pounds less than he weighs because of my muscles and fat.
Oh well.

I just froze as Cody hurried me to the nurse's office. I think I got some blood stains on his shirt. I sort of freaked out, but he simply answered,"It's ok."
I nodded.

We arrived to the nurse's office, unfortunately, Nurse Vint was not there. There was a sign on the door that she would be back in 30 minutes.

"We're going into this room anyway," Cody said.