Chapter 18

~Jamie's POV
I woke up and did the daily schedule.
Riding in the limousine, all girls were just silently on their phones. Nothing was out of place.
So boring. I feel so average.

This just kept on going for who knows how long. School is mostly about the work anyway. Everyone else is keen on studying as well. Focusing on nothing but studying, I started to think if this was really what I wanted to do.

Why am I doing something that hurts me the most? Something that brings me the most hurtful memories...
Will I even get a job in the future?
Did I waste my childhood going for something that can't earn money?

I started to think about the future. My head hurt, gosh dang.
It was like a Wednesday or something so after my meeting of student council. I flopped onto the bed and decided to try something new.
I wanted to cook lol.
That's something I've never done because I didn't care what I ate as long I got energy and carbohydrates.

I went down to the kitchen and saw Britten cleaning. Cooking was an option to do right now because I already finished everything I needed to do.

I asked Britten if I could make any culinary items and she said yes but gave me limitations like 8 eggs as the maximum and such.

I decided to make a dessert. I wanted to make a small cake.

So I did.

It was a small vanilla cake with elaborate ornaments and other accessories. I didn't feel like eating it so I put it out onto the buffet table with a note saying that anyone can enjoy it during eating hours.

I decided to run for a while again.
As I listened to pop songs, they were mostly all about love.
I mean, I like love and all, but isn't is a bit too much? Don't people have anything else to talk about besides their love life that's messing up?

The music was actually good, though. I actually like the lyrics; it just feels like the same thing repeats into my head.

Before I knew it, I had run over 5 miles and was panting like crazy from dehydration.
I was almost back at Holn when I saw a car pass by.

Felix was driving it and we made eye contact for a full 4 seconds as he was slowing down.

"What are you doing here?" Felix said.

"Uhh.. I'm exercising..." I said as I was panting.
"May.. I have... some water?"

Felix willingly gave me a bottle of water; I took a large gulp of water as I wiped my mouth.

"Thank you, Felix," I smiled and asked, "May I keep this?"

"Sure," he said and patted my head through the car window.

Then, a car passed by. It was filled with girls coming from the science test make-ups. Apprently, this test was extremely hard or something, but I just thought it had a lot of questions that were time-consuming. For example, physics and biology questions.

I mean, I hate studying, but I love science. I'm not that into science, but for me, it's the most interesting because I can actually experiment and make things happen, you know? The one subject that I absolutely hate is math, though. Math is a life-changing subject, but sometimes there are no numbers involved and all I see are letters. It gives me a mental breakdown... I just can't do math.

I decided that I should leave and join the girls.

"Sorry, I think I should go because the girls are back. Thanks for the water," I told Felix.

"No problem," he said as he started to drive away.
-

~Narrator's POV
As Felix drove away, he couldn't quite understand why his face started to get red. He thought he had finished dealing with girls due to his ex's cheating scandal, but he just couldn't be mean to Jamie.