Chapter Two

I wake up the next day then sit up, stretching. I then smile a little, realizing Jerome's coming today. I check my phone and notice he texted me.

Biggums: Plane's arriving at 11am. Be there or I'll be lost!

I chuckle and glance at the time. Shit. It's already 9:30. I get up, deciding to skip breakfast, and throw on a grey t-shirt, some jeans and my red hoodie. I fix my hair and quickly brush my teeth before hurrying outside, jumping in my car and driving towards the airport. I get there at 10:30 and sit in my car for a moment, staring at my reflection in the car mirror. I feel the dark thoughts returning but I push them away. I pop a piece of mint gum in my mouth before getting out and going towards the terminal. After taking a seat on the benches they have there, I slowly begin to get lost in my mind. Suddenly, I'm jolted into a flashback.

Alone in the bathroom. Cold is all I feel. The window to the room is shut, but the window to my heart is wide open, blowing in a breeze so cold it makes me shiver. Why can't I be what everyone wants me to be? Why can't I be good enough? Why was I born like this....

I suddenly blink and snap back to reality, just in time to see Jerome. I grin. The flashbacks are never as bad when I'm around him. I run up and hug him. He chuckles.

"Someone seems excited to see me." He hugs me closer to him and I bury my head in his chest.

"I just missed you, Biggums."

"I missed you too." We hug for a few minutes then realize people are staring. So we start back to my car, get in and take off back towards my home. We talk about this and that on the way, but it doesn't bug me. Just talking to Jerome is enough to get my heart racing. We arrive at my house a while later and I help him move his stuff inside.

"So where am I sleeping?" He looks at me and I blush.

"Well...my extra room is actually going to be getting redone soon, so your choices are me or the couch." He picks up his stuff and throws it on the couch.

"Here's good." I feel my heart hurt a little, but I smile anyway.

"Sounds good.." He looks at me and chuckles.

"I'm just kiddin' Biggums. Which side of the bed do I get?" I grabs his stuff and runs to my room. I follow, shaking my head and blushing as red as a tomato. I walk in, noticing he's claimed the right side of the bed.

"Is this okay?" I nod, not wanting to argue with that hopeful smile.

"Of course it is." I sit down and he looks at me.

"We should do a few recordings tonight. Then we can upload them gradually instead of uploading them right after we record them. We might be busy the next few days." He laughs a little as my face turns red.

"Shut upppp." He lightly punches my arm.

"Kidding, Biggums." I look at him as he looks at me. His eyes are so perfect...I start leaning in when suddenly his phone rings. He jumps up to answer it.

"Hello?" He listens then holds up one finger, saying he'll be a minute, then leaves the room. I sigh. 'Damn it Mitch. You screwed up again...'

I look up. 6:00. We've been sitting on the couch doing nothing for hours. I look over at Jerome.

"Want to watch a movie?" He shrugs.

"Sure. What one?"

"How about...The Hunger Games?" He laughs.

"As long as we can watch something scary after." I roll my eyes.

"Fineeeeee." I put in The Hunger Games and we watch it. Once it's done, Jerome grins evilly.

"My turn to pick a movie" I sit back and let him rummage through my movies until he leaves to my room and brings back one of his own.

"Saw IV? Really Jerome?" He smirks.

"You scared?" I shake my head.

"Nah." He pops it in and we begin watching.

About 10 minutes in, or maybe less, I'm already hiding my eyes and trying to block out the sounds. I bury my head in Jerome's chest and he chuckles quietly.

"Scared?" This time, I nod, not even denying it. I feel his grip tighten on me.

"It's not real, okay? You're safe. I gotcha Biggums." I smile sleepily. But, instead of sitting up, I put my head in his lap and end up drifting into a deep, relaxing sleep...for the most part.

Dream

Jerome. He's in front of me. But he's not himself. His eyes have a crazy look to them. His smile, what one could only call evil. His hands bloody. A red-tipped knife in his left hand. The crimson liquid drips from the knife as he walks closer. I feel a tight grip on my shirt collar as I'm lifted up until my eyes meet his wide ones.

"I lied when I said I cared." I felt the knife plunge right into my heart. I let out a scream before the world goes black.

I sit up, gasping to catch my breath. I look around. Still on the couch in the living room. I glance beside me to see Jerome still there, his face calm and serene while his mind is off in dreamland. I get up quietly, careful not to disturb him, and go into the kitchen. I get a drink of water and sit at the table, then put my head in my hands. I was hoping the nightmares wouldn't occur tonight because Jerome was here. But apparently I was mistaken. I hear shuffling feet and look up to see Jerome.

"You alright Mitch?" I sigh.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a nightmare but it's nothing." He sits down beside me.

"Want to talk about it?" I shake my head.

"Nah, it's not that big of a deal." Jerome knows me really well; I don't know why I'm not telling him the truth. He doesn't push it, however, he does hug me tightly and leans his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I lean my head on his and whisper

"It's alright Jerome. I promise."

But, in reality, nothing is ever okay. Not in my reality.

Quick A/N: Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Just wanted to warn you all in case you hadn't guessed that this story might be triggering to some people. There will be conversations, events and other things that do include forms of self harm and some things may be triggering to some people. I will put a trigger warning before any major, in-depth parts about these things. I just don't want anyone to get triggered to self harm because of my writing so I'm trying to make it so it won't happen. Anyway, hope you're all enjoying the story! If you are, smack dat vote button witchya forehead (my version of "slap dat like button witchya forehead" XD) and let's hope I can update this again next week! (: