Chapter 24

I open my eyes, yawning widely as I take in my surroundings. The hotel room. Today's the last day at PAX. I turn to see if Jerome is beside me and smile when I see he is. I kiss his forehead lightly, then force myself out of bed. I quickly get changed and prepared for the days events, waiting for Jerome to wake up. Eventually, I give up on waiting and begin to jump on the bed.

"JEROME. JEROME. JEROME. JEROME."

Jerome cracks one eye open, stares at me for a few moments, then closes it again. I continue to hop around and jump on him as he pulls the covers over his face.

"Mitch...It's too early for this..."

"It's 9:00, Biggums. We only have an hour."

"WAIT, WHAT." He sits up, throwing the covers off of him. He then begins to rush around the room, pulling on his clothes and running his hands through his hair. When he's all finished, he looks at the clock then sends me a dirty look.

"Mitch, it's only 8:00."

"I love you."

He groans, though he quickly follows it up with a smile and an 'I love you too, I guess' in return. We make our way down to the free breakfast the hotel offers, then meet up with everyone else and return to PAX.

________________________________________________________________________

-Later that day-

"We'll see you guys!" I finish giving Ashley a long hug then race to catch up to Jerome. We get our passports scanned then wave one more goodbye before entering the tunnel towards the airplane. I look over at Jerome once we're in our seats.

"What time will we be getting home?"

"Late. Probably midnight or so."

"That isn't late."

"Well, that's only what time the plane lands, or should land. We also have to add on the time it'll take to get through baggage claim and customs and all that stuff. Plus, the drive home is a good 2 hours or so."

"So...we'll actually get home around 3?"

"If we're lucky. I'm thinking maybe 3:30 or 4."

I lean back in my chair, breathing out a long gust of air through my pursed lips.

"I guess I had better get my sleep for the night now."

"That's probably a good idea, Biggums."

After the service ladies finish their show on how to work the safety equipment in the plane, I snuggle up to Jerome and begin to doze off. I'm asleep before the plane even takes off.

______________________________________________________________________

"Mitch."

"Hmm?"

"We're here, Biggums."

"We landed?"

"No, silly. We're at home."

My eyes shoot open and I look around. We're in Jerome's car and, looming up in front of us, is the apartment.

"How..."

"I carried you and our things out of the plane. Went through customs and stuff and they were fine with you sleeping, though they did a quick test to make sure I hadn't drugged you or anything, then went to get our suitcases and carried all that plus you to the car then drove here."

"I love you."

"I know. But I'm not carrying you or your stuff inside. You can do that."

I groan, but get out of the car and grab my bags. I get inside the apartment with Jerome behind me and we both come to a unanimous decision; leave the bags in the living room until tomorrow. We stumble tiredly into the bedroom and soon fall asleep in each others arms.

__________________________________________________________________________

-The Next Day-

"Mitch? Mitch?! MITCH!"

My eyes snap open and I sit up, gasping for breath. I immediately feel strong arms wrap around me. The sensation gives me a feeling of safety, which triggers the tears to flow. Jerome hugs me tighter, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Are you alright, Biggums?..Did you have a nightmare?"

I nod and he tightens his grip on me. I cry softly into his chest as he rubs small circles on my back. Eventually, I manage to dry the tears, and I hear Jerome's soothing voice again.

"Are you okay now, Mitch?"

"Y-Yes....Thank you."

"You're welcome. What was the dream about?"

"It was...just some weird demon thing...chasing me and stuff..."

"Just remember, it was all a dream."

"Yeah..."

Jerome leaves to go make breakfast, leaving me feeling guilty. I lied. The dream wasn't about a demon chasing me. It was about Mariana. I don't remember much, just that she told me she really wanted me dead. I know she's gone though. I don't have to worry about her anymore....

Or...do I?

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: YES I ACTUALLY DID UPDATE. I'M NOT DEAD

I finally got an idea of where to take the story (credits to my friend Cereina go sub to her youtube BandAddict364 I play Minecraft with her all the time) ANYWAY I'm happy cuz I now have an idea for the story so I know where this is gonna go! I CAN'T EVEN ENGLISH CUZ IM SO EXCITED

Anyway, trying to keep this short cuz of all the other authors notes I've written lately so yup I hope you all have a great day, I love you all, and I'll see you in the next chapter! <3