Chapter 22

I walk closer to her, clearing my throat quietly. The girl looks up at me and quickly wipes her face, trying to get rid of the tears.

"Oh...um....hello."

I sit down beside her.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes....well....no..." She sighs. "To be completely honest, nothing is really okay. But I'm still breathing so that's something..."

"That is something. That's something amazing. I know the feeling of just wanting to stop. It takes a lot of strength to keep going."

"Thanks...It's just hard...you know?"

"Believe me, I know....What's your name?"

"I'm Mikayla."

Something in my brain seems to click. Mikayla....Mikayla? I look at her closely.

"Would...you happen to be the Mikayla who commented that long sweet comment on my video where I said goodbye?"

"That...would be me..." She smiles a little. "I'm surprised you remembered it..."

"It was a very memorable comment....I've saved your life many times?"

"More than I could ever begin to count, Mitch."

I feel tears well up in my eyes. I blink them back before any manage to spill over onto my cheeks.

"Could...I hug you?"

"That...would be amazing Mitch.."

I lean over and hug her tightly, feeling her body shaking and her breaths uneven still, from crying so much. I pull away and look at her.

"So, Mikayla. Why is someone amazing like you crying at a place like this?"

"It's....stupid things, really."

"Stupid or not, if you need to talk about them, you can."

"Well..." She hesitates. "I was really happy when my mom bought me PAX tickets. It's been my dream for years to come here. I was so overjoyed that I decided to post it on Facebook. I completely forgot that I have my bullies as friends on facebook...don't ask...and the main one went and got PAX tickets too....She found out what youtubers I liked and she came here and immediately started walking up to them and hating on them in front of their fans. When she eventually found me, she was with her friends who somehow managed to get tickets as well and..." She looks down at her lap.

"Some people these days..." I shake my head, sighing. "Mikayla listen to me. You're an amazing person. I've only known you, what, a few minutes? Yet I know you're a beautiful person with a heart of gold. Don't let the people who dislike you get to you, because they have nothing better to do with their time than bring someone down."

"Yeah I guess....but...haven't I already let them get to me?" I look at her and she lifts her shirt slightly, showing a small patch of skin with lines cross-hatching across it. I meet her eyes again and shrug a little.

"Sometimes it gets to people. Sometimes people end up hurting themselves. Its easy to start but hard to recover. But believe me, I know you can do it."

"I...I hope so...I've actually been clean for 2 days..." She smiles, and I follow suit.

"That's amazing, honestly. I'm proud of you."

She looks up at me, her eyes shining. "You're...proud of me?"

"Of course I am...so proud."

She hugs me again, her grin growing larger every second. "Thank you, Mitch. For everything."

"You're welcome. Hey, I can't leave you all lonely here. I was about to go find Jerome and the rest of the group and hang out with them. You can come if you want. Might as well have some fun while you're here, eh? What do you say?"

She nods and I help her up. We start walking back inside and as we do, I notice a group of girls glaring at Mikayla, then at me, then back at Mikayla, until they walk away. They can't bully her while I'm around.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! I know, you probably hate me but hey I have a good reason as to why I didn't upload for two weeks and why I have a small bad update for you guys. Its exam time here in Canada! Its currently very early morning on June 21. I had my first exam yesterday and my next three are the 23rd, the 24th, and the 25th. After that, I'll be on summer vacation and I'll be able to stay up later as well as write more for you guys! And I have a short update tonight because I'm tired as hell but I had to get something out there for you guys. Another chapter should come next week and hopefully it'll be longer than this. See you then(: