Chapter 17

Jerome's P.O.V (Ohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit)

I wake up in the morning, in a surprisingly good mood. I decided to end things with Mariana yesterday, and my first day of freedom was starting off great. I get up and hop in the shower, taking my time and enjoying the sensation of the hot water against my skin. I get out and quickly dry myself off and get dressed. I actually smile at my reflection in the mirror. I feel great about how I look for once. I practically skip out to the living room, excited to tell Mitch the good news about how I broke up with Mariana, when I notice he isn't there. I then notice the note on the table. I pick it up and skim the note, feeling a lump rise in my throat the more I read. I set the note back on the table, feeling warm tears begin sliding down my face. Mitch leave? This has to be a prank...But when I go up to his room, I notice all his things from his closet are gone, all his recording equipement vanished from his desk. There's only one thing that remains. I walk over and pick up the picture frame, running my eyes over the familiar picture. Our first convention. I feel the tears return, pouring down my face faster than ever. I sit down on his bed, his old bed, for I can't bare to stand anymore. Through all the muddled thoughts in my mind, one sticks out. Mitch loves us, so why would he want to leave. After pondering the thought for a little while and not coming up with any logical answers, I race to my room and begin throwing things in a suitcase. Looks like it's time for me to take another vacation to Canada.

Back to Mitch's P.O.V

I roll over in my bed, groaning. It hasn't even been that long since I left, yet I miss Jerome more than I ever have. I force myself to stand up and walk to my living room. Once there, I collapse on the couch, having no will to get up. I barely slept last night and when I did I had dreams about Jerome. Dreams of us being together. All that did was cause me to wake up crying, knowing it'll never come true. I need Jerome, but according to Mariana, he's doing just fine without me. She texted me 4 times last night before sending her last one. She told me she mentioned my name and Jerome had said

"Who?"

All I want is for him to be happy....and I guess he's happy without me. So I guess he won't mind if I...die. I get up shakily and make my way to my room. I grab my recording equipement, set it up slowly, then press record, facing the camera and staring at the blinking red light.

"Hey, what's goin on doods?....It's Mitch or BajanCanadian here....I've got something to tell you all..."

After I record the video, I start uploading it. No edits. Nothing. I name the video, put a quick description, then stand up and grab my coat. I pull it over my shoulders gently and walk out the door, leaving my home forever.

Jerome's P.O.V

I walk out of the terminal into the crowded airport. After getting my luggage and heading outside, I flag down a taxi and tell him Mitch's address. I lean back in the seat as we head there. The snow on the ground sparkles in the sun. The closer we get to Mitch's house, the more excited I get to see him again. It's only been less than a day, but still. Once we get there, I pay the driver and take my things from the trunk. He drives off as I walk into the apartment complex. I get on the elevator and go to level 5. I walk up to his apartment and knock a few times. There's no answer. I start to get worried, so I reach under his rug to grab the extra key for his apartment and unlock the door. I step inside, calling his name.

"Mitch?"

I walk through the apartment, saying his name repeatedly.

"Biggums?"

I get to his room and see he recently uploaded a video. He simply called it "Goodbye Vlog" I sit down at his desk and go to the video and press play. His face pops up on the screen, looking broken as ever.