Chapter 23 + Explanation

After a long day hanging out with Mikayla, I bid her farewell as she heads off with her mother back to their hotel. Tomorrow's the last day of PAX already. I walk back to the hotel with Adam and Rob with Preston trailing behind us. We begin to talk about the days events, still laughing about the panel and smiling about how Jerome saw Mikayla, who still had tear-stained cheeks, and ran up and hugged her without a single word. We arrive back at the hotel and head our separate ways. I walk into mine and Jerome's room to see him scrolling through his YouTube feed. I plop down on the bed beside him and snuggle up to him immediately. His arms wrap around me and he presses his lips to my forehead.

"Did you have a good day?"

I nod in response. The room is quiet until I look up at him.

"You gave me a look earlier....When I first walked up with Mikayla..."

"The one that was sort of like 'why are you hanging out so casually with a fan'?"

"Yeah that one....Jerome, that was Mikayla. Remember that girl who left that heartfelt comment on that video I made before I tried to end my life? That was her who wrote it. She helped me, so I had to return the favour."

"Mitch..." Jerome tightens his hug a little. "You're one of the most amazing people ever, you know that?"

"Y-You really think so?"

"I know so, Mitch. You're absolutely amazing, every single part of you, and that's why I fell in love with you."

He presses his lips on mine gently and I return the kiss gratefully. We pull away after a few moments and I look up at him carefully.

"Jerome...what will the future be like?"

"I can't tell you for sure, buddy. But I'll do my absolute best to make it better than your past was."

I yawn and snuggle up against Jerome's chest again.

"You'll really do that for me?"

"I'll do anything I possibly can to make you happy. That's a promise."

Those are the last words I hear him speak before I'm taken by sleep.

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello everyone. You probably hate my guts right now. I haven't updated in 2+ weeks and I've had no explanation as to why. Then I come back and write some random filler chapter. I owe you guys a huge explanation and here it is:

I thought that once summer was here, I'd be able to write longer and stay up later. Lately, I've been having more internet problems because my provider sucks. I've also been focusing a lot more on my Youtube than this story. I also tired myself out of writing because I met this guy and we started talking and we found out we both enjoy writing so it became a daily thing for us to write a short story and share them and get feedback. It helped me improve on my writing, since this guy knows a lot about writing, but it also made me get tired of writing in a way. I'm slowly losing motivation for this story, which means that it will sadly be ending soon. I hate to end it as it's become successful (in my eyes) and you all leave such amazing, positive feedback and you all seem to love it so much...it really breaks my heart to have to end it. So I have a small plan.

The story will have 1-2 more chapters. Something big will happen next chapter. Then there might be an epilogue or the next chapter might be the last. I'll take a break from writing this, maybe a month or so, and if I have more motivation, I might make a sequel. This is not definite, but it is a possibility. If you have this story in your library, I suggest you keep it there even after I end this story because, if I choose to write a sequel, I will be posting about it.

I know some of you guys like this story a lot, but I don't like feeling forced to continue something I don't have as much passion for as I once did. I'll hopefully have the chapter up for this Friday, but it really depends. Stay tuned I guess. Oh, and I love you all so much. <3