Chapter 13

I set my phone down shakily, trying to gather my thoughts. Someone clearly doesn't like me hanging out with Jerome...but who? My mind comes up with the obvious answer; Mariana. But would she really be that mean? I've only met her once or twice in person, and she seemed generally nice both times. Before I can ponder the thought any longer, I hear the door to my apartment open and hear Jerome's loud voice bounce off the walls.

"BIGGUMS, I'M HOMEEEEE."

I hurry out to greet him and stop when I see Mariana. She sees me and, instead of giving me a death glare like I thought she would, she gives me a warm smile.

"Hello, Mitch."

I feel myself relax. Maybe she wasn't the one who sent it. But who did? I decide to think more of it later, as Jerome invites her in and we sit on the couch and talk for a while. Eventually, she turns to me.

"So, Mitch. How's your life been?"

I shrug, trying to look as nonchalant as possible, even though I've been through what feels like hell and back.

"Life's been pretty good for me."

"You've been spending a lot of time with Jerome lately, haven't you? Trying to take him from me?"

She laughs, but the sound is hollow, almost like it's forced. Jerome doesn't seem to notice it, though. I just laugh along.

"Of course not!"

But as she directs the conversation away from me and back to herself, I can't help but rethink of what I was thinking earlier. Had she done it?

About half an hour later, Mariana takes her leave. Jerome looks up from his spot in the arm chair, looking exceptionally comfortable.

"You didn't get too lonely while I was gone, did you?"

I shake my head, not wanting to admit I was. He seems to notice my down mood. He stands up and moves to sit beside me. He searches my face, seeing if he can see what's wrong.

"Are you okay, Mitch?"

No. I'm not okay. I'm getting anonymous texts, possibly from your girlfriend, telling me I'm hogging you. I'm scared they'll hurt me or you if I don't stop being with you, but I can't stop being with you because I still love you and you're the only one keeping me sane.

"Yes, I'm fine."

He must see something hidden in my eyes, because he looks down at my arms, covered my my sweater sleeves.

"Can I?"

I nod and he carefully pulls up my sleeves, scanning my wrists for new lines. I haven't put a blade to my skin since the day I tried to end my life. He smiles a little, pulling the sleeves back down.

"I'm proud of you Mitch."

I feel all my worries seem to dissipate at the sound of those words. I hug him tightly and feel his strong arms wrap around my torso.

"Thank you Jerome..."

He chuckles lightly, leaning his chin in the crook of my neck.

"You're welcome, Biggums. Now, come on. We have a plane to catch tomorrow. We have to be up at 4am since the plane leaves at 6."

"I'll go in a bit, G. I'm just gonna watch tv for a little."

He bids me goodnight and heads to his room. I sit on the couch, staring at the grey wall across from me until my eyelids start to get heavy. I glance at the time. 1:00AM. I ccan get 3 hours of sleep...great. I lay down on the couch and allow myself to drift into a dreamless sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel myself being violently shaken. I pop my eyes open and sit up abruptly. I meet the eyes of a worried-looking Jerome.

"Are you alright? You look scared.."

I nod, trying to slow my quickly-beating heart.

"You just scared me..."

"Sorry, G. We're just running kinda late."

I check the time and realize it's 4:30. I jump up and we pack up then call a taxi for the airport.

-Time skip to waiting for the plane-

"Would the passengers for Flight 572 to Los Angeles please begin boarding?"

Jerome and I stand up, show them our passports, and go down the long hallway thing and board the plane. We find our seats and look at each other. Jerome slides in first, giggling.

"I call window seat!"

I smile, sitting down beside him. I wonder who I'll get stuck beside.

Eventually, the plane doors shut, telling me no one is sitting next to me. That's fine with me though. The plane takes off and I lean back in my chair, letting my eyelids droop close.

Off to L.A. we go....

I tried for 1000 words and I failed._. But yeah this is what my brain managed to come up with while listening to5 Seconds Of Summer (I blame my friend for getting me addicted._.) Hope you all enjoyed the chapter, though! Don't forget to slap dat vote button witchya forehead, or your nose, or whatever body part or object you wish. Feedback is appreciated and even comments such as "Benja wants the booty" is acceptable! (Yes, I did see you guys commenting that about 3 chapters ago. Gave me a good laugh XD) See you guys in the next update(: