Chapter Six

(So I noticed you guys were excited after that last chapter. I do enjoy leaving cliff-hangers so ;D Just a warning, this chapter WILL be a cliff-hanger. But since I'm not completely heartless, I'm going to post the next chapter in a day or two. See, I can be nice ^-^ Anyway, enjoy this chapter. Thanks for the 10 comments, 79 reads and 21 votes on the last chapter c: <3)

Still Jerome's P.O.V

Darkness surrounds me. I feel something cold being pressed against my forehead. I try to open my eyes but they're too tired. I hear a strangely familiar voice.

"I think he's waking up guys."

After a few tries, I manage to open my eyes a little, staring up at a figure kneeling beside me. Adam. I try to speak but my voice comes out as a few quiet croaks. I clear my throat and try again, but it ends with the same result. Adam presses the cold cloth onto my head a bit more and chuckles lightly.

"Shush Jerome. You can't talk. You wore your voice out completely."

I begin wondering how I did this when suddenly it all comes rushing back. Getting out of the shower. Listening to the voicemail. Screaming until my throat was raw and my voice died. Then passing out. I look up at Adam, wondering how he's so calm. I sit up quickly and immediately regret it. My head starts pounding and my vision blurs a little. I cry out weakly and Adam helps me lie down again.

"Jerome, lay down okay? Just give yourself a minute."

I give myself a good 5 minutes before managing to squeak out

"...H...how's Mitch?"

Adam looks at Ian, who's leaning against the doorway, arms crossed and eyes creased with worry. Adam looks back and sighs.

"We don't know Jerome. Jason left and went to Mitch's house. He got there as the paramedics did. He knows nothing. Once you're feeling better, we'll go to the hospital."

I force myself into a sitting position once again. My head protests immensely but I ignore it. "I'm feeling better. Can we go?"

Ian walks over and hands me a cup of water. "Drink this first. Get some of your voice back."

I drink it as fast as I can without choking. I need to see Mitch. I set the cup down and Quentin comes in. "Are we going?"

The guys all nod and Ty comes out to join us as well. Ian helps me up and we all walk to the car, me taking a bit more time to get there. I collapse in the seat and shakily put on my seatbelt. My head is still pounding but it's slowly improving. I'm just scared for Mitch. As Adam starts the car and begins driving towards the hospital, my thoughts drift to Mitch's voicemail. He has depression. I never realized it. I was too blind to ever notice. I feel tears spring to my eyes as I remember his voice, so broken and helpless.

I really do love you Jerome. With every inch of my heart.

I guess this is it. In Benja we trust, in Bacca we must

Goodbye

I wipe away the stray tears on my cheeks. I feel someone grab my hand. I look over and see Ty smiling at my weakly. He whispers something under his breath to me.

"He'll be alright."

I can only hope he isn't lying.

After what seems like ages, we pull into the hospital parking lot. By this time, my head is a bit clearer and doesn't hurt every time I make a move. We get out and hurry up to the floor Jason told us to go to, as he texted Adam a few minutes ago. We hurry over to where he's sitting in the hard, uncomfortable seats. I'm the first to speak up.

"How is he?"

Jason rises his shoulders and drops them down again, his depressed shrug we barely ever see. "I'm not sure. I keep asking for information, but they haven't given me a thing."

We all join him on the stiff chairs and stare off into space. My mind goes back to Mitch. What did he do? Obviously, he did something to hurt himself. But...what? I remember his voicemail mentioning he was cut free until he broke. Does that mean he cut himself? I feel a tear slip down my cheek. I wipe it away hastily. I feel arms wrap around me and hear Sky's voice.

"I know you need to cry, Jerome. You don't have to act strong right now."

You don't have to act strong right now. Hearing those words makes everything that's happening suddenly seem real. I break down then. I lean my head on Adam's shirt and weep softly into his chest. I need Mitch. I need him. He's my best friend. I screwed up big time. I just need him back....

A few agonizing hours later, a doctor finally steps into the room, looking around. His eyes land on us and he begins walking over. My breath catches in my throat when I see the expression on his face. Right then, I know exactly what he's going to say...

(Yes, I'm mean. I'm leaving it at that. But hey, now you guys can comment what you think will happen. Will he say Mitch is alive or dead? Comment your guesses and anyone who gets it right gets an internet cookie ^-^ Anyway, I'll try and post the next chapter of this tomorrow or Sunday because I won't leave you guys hanging for too long. Smack dat vote button witchya forehead if ya want to and I'll see you guys in a few days with the next update!)