Chapter 20

A few weeks later, I'm feeling a bit better than before. I've been visiting Marie every day and she helps me out a lot. She gives me advice and tells me that there are other ways to get out my feelings. I told her that I don't like talking about my feelings that much. She immediately understood.

"You make videos for YouTube, don't you?"

"Well, yeah. Minecraft ones with my friends."

"Maybe play a game that could help you get your emotions out without you having to talk about it. Play it solo so it's just you."

And that's what I've been doing. Every time I start feeling my emotions beginning to build up inside me, I download and play a rage-inducing Minecraft map or go play a hard minigame. I can take out all my anger on the map and no one will know that I'm really just finding ways to cope. On the brightside, the fans are loving the rage videos. They love seeing the other side of me; one that isn't all power moves and extremely bad fake accents.

Marie had also given me some anti-depressants after our third meeting. One pill in the morning every day. It has a few minor side-effects like getting tired really early in the day, but I can handle them. I'd take fighting sleep over fighting the demons in my head.

Jerome has also been helping me out a lot. He's been making sure I've taken my pill every morning. He makes sure I'm alright and checks my arms every so often, making sure no new scars have popped up. But he doesn't have anything to worry about, because I'm finally starting to feel happy again. It's a slow process, but I'm getting somewhere.

______________________________________________________________________

"Miiiiiitch."

"Hmm...?"

"Wake uuuuuuuuuup."

"I dun wanna..."

"MITCHELLLLLL."

I open one eye to see Jerome sitting beside me in my bed. He pokes my nose.

"Boop."

I chuckle and sit up, opening both eyes and stretching. I quickly pull the sheet over my body when I realize I don't have a shirt on. (And before you ask, no. Jerome and I didn't do anything. My apartment gets really hot at night, so I sleep shirtless.) Jerome's face turn a light shade of red.

"It's okay, Mitch. I don't mind..."

I roll my eyes playfully and stand up, dragging me sheet with me. Jerome laughs as the sheet gets caught in the bed and I nearly fall over and get twisted in it.

"Well, that didn't work..."

"Here, Biggums. I'll help."

Jerome pulls the sheet from under the bed and I wrap myself tighter in the material. Jerome walks up and hugs me, pressing his lips to my forehead. I feel my face begin to heat up.

"Jeroooooome I gotta go to the bathroooooom."

"Then goooo."

"I caaaan't you're still hugging meeeee."

Jerome lets go and I run toward the bathroom, yelling about how I really have to pee. After I do my business and meet Jerome in the kitchen, I watch him make bacon and eggs while listening to him talking about how weird I am but that's why he loves me. As we sit down to eat, something suddenly dawns on me.

"Hey, Jerome?"

"Yeah, buddy?"

"Isn't PAX East coming up soon?"

"Yeah, actually. It's this weekend. Why?"

"Well...I don't have a ticket and-"

"Don't worry. I got you a ticket a while ago. I just didn't tell you." He smiles cheekily and I squeal like a little girl.

"AHH I'M GOING TO PAX!"

"Calm down. Do you want to hear the plan?"

I attempt to cross my legs while sitting in the kitchen chair, which isnt the easiest thing to do, and fold my hands together, staring at Jerome intently.

"Yes, please."

________________________________________________________

The plan is this:

Jerome has to go back to the Team Crafted house for a bit since he's been here for almost a month and we've barely talked to them since. Adam did call Jerome and he explained a bit, but Jerome has to go fully explain the situation to everyone. I'll be staying here and getting ready for PAX. I'll catch my flight on Thursday to Boston where I'll meet Jerome and Adam at the airport, who will have arrived before me. We'll all go to the hotel and be prepared for the first day of PAX, which is the next day. On the last day of PAX, most of the Team Crafted guys will have lef, aside from Jerome, Ian, Jason, and I. We'll be staying one more night in the hotel and flying back Monday. Jerome wanted to know if he could stay with me afterwards. Of course I said yes; I'd be insane not to. Jerome's leaving tomorrow, which is Tuesday. I just have to survive 2 days without him. Before, I might not have been able to. But now, after getting help, I have more confidence in myself.

___________________________________________________________

-The next morning-

"Mitch?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you awake?"

"Nope, sleep talking."

I hear a quiet chuckle. I open my eyes to see a silhouette beside me. I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes.

"What time is it?"

"About 6:00. I'm sorry I had to wake you up but my flight leaves in an hour. I have to get going."

I nod and throw my arms around him, leaning my head on his chest. He rests his chin on the top of my head, sighing.

"Goodbyes suck."

"But it's not forever Jerome. We'll see each other again. In just a few days."

"Of course. But they still suck."

We pull out of the hug and he leans down and kisses me before standing up.

"I'll see you in a few days, Biggums."

"In Boston."

"In Boston."

He walks out and I lay back down, finally letting the sleep win its fight. But before I go back to the world of darkness, I hear the door creak open and feel lips press to my cheek then hear three words that make my heart glow.

"I love you."

____________________________________________________________________________

-2 days later or so-

I check my phone for the fifth time in the last 10 minutes. Jerome said he would be here at 4:00 to pick me up. It's 4:30. I gaze around pickup area, searching for Jerome or the tall man accompanying him. I check my phone again and just as suddenly I feel arms wrap around me from behind. I turn around and I'm face-to-face with the wonderful man I call mine. I hug him tightly, smiling so much I swear my face will break at any moment. After we have our moment, I hug Adam, who's standing there trying to catch his breath.

"We got stuck in traffic. Jerome was yelling at me to hurry the entire time. We got here a few minutes ago and he literally bolted over here to you while I was joggin behind trying to keep up."

We all laugh then walk to the car Adam had rented for our stay here. We pile in after we stuff my suitcases in the back. We drive off and eventually get to the hotel. As we settle in for the night, I get the feeling that this will be one hell of a PAX trip.