Tuesday, November 8th, 2016

When I logged on today, I remembered that my odyssey to find an island to establish a colony on was cut short, so I continued my quest. Travelling upriver from the swamp, I reached a body of water which had a population of squid, which meant that I was near or in an ocean. I reached a piece of land that seemed like it would be an island, but as the game loaded the rest of the land, I found that sadly it was just a continuation of the mainland. I went further in and found a small hamlet called Outcast. It had a well constructed dock and sugar cane farm, but everything was claimed, so I kept going to find an ocean, and ended up finding a promising body of water just outside Outcast. I journeyed further into the body of water, and it was confirmed to be an ocean, so I continued sailing across the water to find an island to settle on. It was a small sea though, as I reached the mainland in a couple of minutes, without finding any islands. However, there were a bunch of abandoned huts and buildings, but they weren't worth griefing as they had no loot inside and was not composed of any valuable materials. Weirdly, I ventured further and saw that the mainland wasn't a mainland at all but a cluster of large islands. I wanted to find an island that was away from other pieces of land and not an island chain, so after I collected some stone slabs from the structures, I ventured deeper into the ocean to continue my search. I ended up reaching the REAL mainland though, so I attempted to return to the ocean but ended up getting LOST in the process. I walked for a few minutes and came upon an abandoned stone castle, with the ocean just right behind it. I got into my boat and sailed towards the island chain when I crashed into an ice flow, and I was again kicked because the server thought I was "flying". I gave up on searching for the island and set up a town on the frozen tundra, which I named Winterhold after a city in Skyrim. iPodRacing said he needed a town, so I invited him. He joined, remarked on the Skyrim reference, and left the town. I continued work on my lodge with the acacia wood from the abandoned structures and finished. iPodRacing rejoined the town and we went to work building farms and creating plots when suddenly, taxes were collected from all the towns and Winterhold couldn't sustain the tax, and collapsed along with a bunch of other towns. iPod and I went out and looked for a biome that was warm and can be used to create farms to sustain the town's economy. I had teleported to a desert, which was too warm, and then to a forest, when iPod said he found a plains biome to settle down in. I teleported to him and I found myself in a large town called MountOlympus. iPod told me that if we created a town on the same biome, it needed to be far away from MountOlympus because if it was too close, the towns could go to war against each other when the town we were establishing became powerful. I used /wild to find a new place to build, and I came upon a coastal plain with abandoned oak structures dotting the landscape. We couldn't set down a town there though, because iPod said the landscape was "too unstable" to terraform and make even. iPod teleported me to a town called New Boston, and I was a bit confused on why he teleported me there. We teleported to a bunch of random biomes, when I finally came upon a plain that was far from any other town and spawn. We started to discuss what the town's name would be, and decided on the name Springwinter. iPod established the town and we created a town spawn and cobble farm, and claimed an extra chunk for the town but made sure to leave 250 in the town bank so when the time for collecting taxes came, Springwinter wouldn't collapse like Winterhold did. I covered up the cobble farm because I thought that someone might try to scam the town by jumping intentionally into the lava and telling the server admins that we poured lava on the person. I used /wild to collect sand to create a sugar cane farm to keep the town's economy up, when I came upon a hamlet called FairyTail. Checking for any places in or on the outskirts of town to grief, I was sad to find no griefable areas and returned to collecting sand for the sugar cane farm, but iPod told me we didn't need sand to plant sugar cane and just needed to plant it along dirt or sand along a body of water. I went and started to destroy the abandoned stone building near town for cobble to create roads. When I finished destroying the structure, Paw_Flower_girl said she needed people to help her go mine. iPod said that he had a cave that would be perfect for mining in, and we all teleported to him. As I was mining, AngelAlexa said she needed someone to auction a water bucket really quick, so I auctioned a bucket for 9000 as a joke. To my surprise, she actually BOUGHT it at its outrageous price, and everyone on the server burst into peals of laughter. I exited the mine and tended to the town's sugar cane farm to sell at market, and deposited 7500 of the 9000 I got into the town bank. iPod sold me a plot at his town, and I built a dirt igloo on it with the remains of the spider I tried to tame. The mobs on datpixel don't attack you, so I tried to keep a pet spider but failed because it died when it tried to enter the town. I created a basement in the ravine behind my house that was in my plot, and put the tamed spider's remains in the basement with a gravestone. The moderator WritingRed came on and gave me several warnings for caps and cursing and became really frustrated because I kept angering her. iPod had already left, and I started to get bored, so I logged off.