The Reason for Avoidance

I ran home, dreading what was to become of me. Short texts meant that Dean was mad. I opened the door and shut it behind me, pausing once I was inside to catch my breath. I'd fallen to my knees, not being in as good of shape as I'd like. All my effort to regain my air was diminished when I received a life-changing slap in the face, sending me sideways and making me bang my head on the wall.

I slumped down, holding my cheek in shock. When I looked at the wall, there was a gaping hole the size of my head right where I was laying. I shuddered and looked up, seeing a shirtless Dean, who was practically steaming from the nose.

"Where were you, Allie?" Dean asked, using that name in spite.

"I was-I was just at-at the dance st-studio and-" I stuttered before I was interrupted with a kick to my ribcage, shoving me further against the wall and making me slump all the way to the floor. I was shoved into a coughing fit, and Dean growled, "You know you were supposed to be filming tonight, right, Allie?" I shook my head, hating the thought. I got angry and fought through my coughing fit.

"No, Dean, I'm tired of it! I don't want to film you having sex with other women! I don't even want you to have sex with other women! How do you think that makes me feel?" I cried, holding my heart in case he tried to kick it too. He kicked me in the stomach.

"You dumb bitch. You honestly think we're in a relationship?" he scoffed before kicking me again. "I am paid to protect you from being robbed. I don't like you in the slightest." he laughed, while kicking me against the wall.

I coughed, and blood spattered on the floor. Not only was my heart broken, but I was pretty sure my ribs were too. He kicked me relentlessly, and all I could whimper was "stop...please stop..." over and over again.

This went on for a solid five minutes until I finally whispered, "I wish he would stop..." He suddenly stopped and stood straight with a blank stare. Milliseconds after, two cops burst through the door, dragged him away, and left without saying a word. I heard the exit of his lady friend seconds after. As I lay curled on the floor in puddles of blood and tears, I heard a warm voice, announcing, "Hope I wasn't too late."