The Third Wish

I looked at Orion, begging him to do something, but all he could do was look at me, seeming to be begging the same thing. "Allie!" he shouted over the loud storm. The rain was beating heavily down on us. "There's something I have to tell you!"

I couldn't hear him, because I was too busy watching a woman scream a name. I crawled over to her, asking her what was wrong. She was distraught. "My son is in there! He wouldn't follow me out, and I can't find him anywhere!" I told her everything was going to be okay, and I ran back in the living quarters, calling out for an Owen, presumably the boy's name.

Soon enough, a little toddler with brown hair and blue eyes came waddling out of a room, crying his eyes out. I picked him up and ran him outside, giving him to the mother as she thanked me wildly. Her husband came up to me as well, who turned out to be the guy I'd punched in the bar. I gave him a hand shake, but just as I'd done that, I heard my name being screamed.

It was Orion, and I rushed back over to him. He took me in his arms and held me tight, seeming to never want to let go. "I can't let go, Orion!" I shouted over the immense thunder. "Don't please!" he shouted in return, and I hugged him tighter.

Both captains had fled the boat, and just as they reached shore, the water crashed down on us. I was swirled into another world. We were in the middle of the ocean, and there was no way I was going to make it to shore. I felt my terror overtake me and suddenly I was all alone, unable to decipher what to worry about more-being in the ocean or seeing my parents talking to me.

My mom was the only audible one, and she only repeated words I'd heard somewhere before. "If you're ever in an emergency situation, call me and I'll do what I can to help you." My mind surged, wondering how I'd be able to call Dean.

I was conscious again, being dragged up from under water. The arm around me was Orion, and I suddenly felt as though I were drunk. "What are you doing, Allie?! We have to go!" Orion shouted, swimming while dragging me along.

"I wish you'd bring Dean here," I slurred, feeling my heart pound out of my chest. I don't know what made me feel this way, but I continued, "He was in the navy for three years. He'll get us out of this."

Orion stopped dead, holding me tightly. He tried to hold me up straight but my neck was not functioning and my head was bobbling loosely everywhere. "Allie...Allie why...?" he asked, sounding more hurt than I'd ever heard.

I couldn't answer, feeling too messed up. I turned to the water beside me and returned my food to the water, wiping my mouth in disgust. "Are you sure you don't just want a boat, or to wish that you were onshore?" he seemed to beg. I weakly shook my head.

"Are you sure that's what you want...?"

"Yes...I need him here...he'll protect me..."

Orion bowed his head, and I could feel the pain radiating off him, but in my current state, I didn't understand. He looked back up to me, tears streaming from his face. His eyes lingered on me once more, before he snapped his fingers, and I was in Dean's arms.

But Orion was nowhere to be found.