A Sad Mistake To Make

Dean didn't say anything, but hoisted me onto his back and swam like lightning to the shore, not stopping until we were at the airport. He demanded that we both have the quickest flight back and free of charge. He never said one word to me.

On the plane ride home, he never said anything to me. I just laid there in my sopping wet blanket, hoping I'd be home soon. We were in Salt Lake City and as soon as we got there, he said "Bye" as if we'd just gotten done with lunch. Before I could even ask him why he wasn't talking to me, he was gone.

I sighed, walking out of the airport and hoping that I would see Orion at any moment. He wasn't anywhere to be found in the airport, nor outside the airport, so I started walking home, not having any cash for a cab.

I walked for what felt like a full day, arriving at my house at 11:00 that night. I suspected it only felt like so long because I didn't have Orion to talk to. I hoped that he'd be in the house when I got there.

I was wrong.

I looked around my entire home, and he was nowhere. I began to panic, unable to breathe. I couldn't live without Orion, I couldn't function without my best friend. I felt tears pouring down my face. Then, I saw something familiar in the living room: my luggage, sitting on the couch.

I scavenged through everything, hoping to find something, anything of his. All I found, was a piece of paper.