A Magical Dance

Just as we'd promised, we practiced for the next three days, only stopping for one hour a day to eat. We'd wake up at 7:00, eat, go practice, stop at 2:00, eat, go back to practice, go home at 10:00, eat, then relax. Well, relax as much as we could, the more nervous we got.

It finally came to performance day, and we were both really nervous. When it came down to there being one performance in front of us, I looked to Orion and said, "No matter what happens, I'll be satisfied, because I got to spend this last month dancing with you." he smiled and held my hand tightly, saying that he felt the same way. When we peeked out, there was an easy two thousand people seated. I gulped.

I had performed before, so this should be no big deal.

The performance had ended, and we were announced. As "I Found" started, Orion walked out, snapping his fingers and letting his hair turn from a jet black to a dirty brown. Everyone gasped at his "magic trick" and he started the routine. I appeared after the third piano entrance, and I heard satisfied gasps from people at the sight of me. I walked seductively around Orion, beginning my routine. We were executing our moves perfectly, and then came time for the throw.

Since I was in a Marilyn Monroe-style dress, it was perfect. He would throw me up at the end of the song, and I was to do four flips going up, two going down and then hold my dress down as she did while coming down. Since Orion was literally inhuman, he caught me with ease, setting me down with a seductive look on his face. The song ended as soon as my heels touched the floor.

There were ten seconds of silence after the song ended, in which, Orion used his magic tricks to change his hair back to his beautiful dark color and to change my dress to a red gown, which reached the floor. The crowd was in awe.

"Come to This" started playing, and we went through our routine. I was supposed to push away from him but he was supposed to reel me back in, each time in a different way. We only moved when the music was actually playing, and in the silence, he only moves slightly.

The climax of the song was supposed to be when I dropped into the splits, and when I did, everyone gasped in surprise, because it escalated very quickly from the pause in the song. At the end of that song, I ended in a dip form in Orion's arms, and during the ten second gap, he fluttered his fingers over me, making the redness of my dress fold off of me in little paper birds, which fluttered into the crowd. My red dress was turned into what I'd first met Orion in, which surprised me.

I was wearing a grey shirt with a black leather jacket, a black infinite scarf, black leggings, and black boots. my hair was let down from its up-do, and I felt free from dresses. Orion was back in his black wear as well, from the original suit he'd worn for the second song. We laid on the floor for the beginning, pointing at the nonexistent stars.

Once "Chasing Cars" started, we moved with the words, getting up and taking each other in our arms. He would hold my hands and bring them to my mouth as if to kiss them, but he never did. The climax of the song was the scariest part. Well, the part just before the climax. It's the short period of silence when the ice bell rings through the air. It's when Orion pulls me by the hands to smash against his body, and our lips are literally only centimeters apart. The scariest part is having to look into those damn eyes for so long without being able to kiss him.

The last part, for whatever reason, made me cry this time. When the song slows, he gets on his knee, bends his head, and is supposed to present me with a ring, and we stand there, frozen, until the applause starts. Watching him bend his knee and bow before me, it just, just caught my heart and tore it right into pieces, I tell you.

We heard the crowd roaring with cheer and applause, and we locked hands and bowed, thankful for the opportunity to perform. When we went backstage and sat down, I had the nerve to ask, "Hey, those clothing changes didn't count as wishes, right?" He shook his head, smiling at me. I nodded, and we went to our seats in the auditorium after hugging for a long time and giggling.

When the last performance was over, we all got back onstage as the judges made their final decisions. Orion and I held hands as tight as we could, looking down at our shoes. The announcer soon came up. "Thank you all for coming out tonight," she said, soon after, announcing third place. Not us. We grasped each other's hands tighter. Second place. Not us. I was shaking and held his hand up to my cheek for comfort. "And, the winner of the first place trophy, $125,000, and a cruise around the Caribbean,"

Us.