He Saved Me

"What's going on?" I coughed, rubbing my head. I had a serious head cold. Orion gave me a worried and scolding look, sitting on the bed next to me before taking me in his arms and hugging me tightly. "God, I thought you were dead, Allie." he whimpered in my hair.

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking his jaw in my hand and lifting his head out. "Allie we were laying in the pond, and you were on top of me and everything was fine. We were looking at the stars and smiling and laughing. Then you didn't say anything and sort-of fell off me, going under water. I thought it was a joke and I waited for you to come back up, but when you didn't I went under looking for you. You were laying on the bottom, which was fifteen feet down. I grabbed you and raced you back here, where it was warm. I tried to do CPR by pumping, but all that happened was you coughed up water and went unconscious again. I've been worried sick for almost an hour."

As he spoke, he searched my blue eyes to make sure I didn't fall unconscious again. As he spoke, he held my neck up so I could look into his eyes, and he massaged the very point in the back of my neck where it ached beyond belief. As he spoke, his voice trembled, and the passion in his voice taught me all about how worried he was.

"Here, I'll get both of us some clothes." he offered, making me stay where I was while he rummaged quickly through my closet for some leggings, socks, and a sweater. He snapped his fingers and he was clothed in similar items, save for sweats instead of leggings. "Our clothes are currently in the wash." he muttered, seemingly trying to distract himself.

I nodded and dressed myself, and as soon as I'd done that, he wrapped me in my blanket again, soon bringing himself to the other side of the bed to curl himself around me as well. I was as warm as I could be, and I took that peaceful moment to check to see if I still had my necklace on, which I did. I only took it off when I showered.

I looked up at Orion, who was gazing absently at the ceiling, and smiled, before drifting off to sleep. He saved my life. He must care about me at least a little, I chuckled to myself.