Orion Waters

I peeked up from beyond the counter and saw him, leaning up against the wall, one foot pressed against the wood. His hands were in his pockets, and he had a cool, serious stare. Orion was standing in front of me. "Allison Meyers, I'm here to answer a summons." he said smoothly as I rushed over to him, keeping him against the wall and bringing his head down to me, entangling my fingers in his wonderfully soft hair as I pressed my lips against his.

It felt so rejuvenating to kiss him, like I'd been dead and just now resurrected by his touch. It took him a second to process what was happening, but once it registered, he wrapped his arms around my waist, hoisting me up to strap my legs around him as we kissed and he spun us around.

I finally pulled back, holding his face still to look into those icy blue crystals that I'd missed so much. Orion's mouth was agape, as if he couldn't believe what was happening. My mouth was agape because I'd just kissed Orion Waters.

His mouth was soon shut when it turned into a smile, and he went in for another kiss, this time, more tender and slow, rather than rushed. He put me down but kept me close, holding my face and combing through my hair. His lips were so soft, and I just couldn't be happier.

I was at a loss for words. I didn't know what to start with. When we pulled back, he smirked, "That's one hell of a summons..." And I kept my arms around his neck. "Orion Waters, there's only one wish I want you to grant me, and that is this: I wish that you weren't a genie anymore and you were a human." I announced, confident of my feelings.

His face fell, and I grew worried quickly. I asked him what was wrong repeatedly until he finally answered, "I'm sorry, I can't grant your wish..."

My heart fell to the floor, and I backed away from him, horrified. "You said I could break it by wishing for that!" I shouted, angry that he'd lied to me.

"If only you'd let me finish what I was going to say," he quipped, stepping towards me. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing four circles in an unfamiliar pattern. "I can't grant your wish because you already broke my binds, by kissing me with purity. Any who are broken of the binds are forced to get a tattoo. I got mine of the four stars that remind me of you. These make up the constellation Apus, which means 'extraordinary bird, or bird of paradise.' Since you are my paradise and you like flying in many different ways, I only saw it fitting."

I broke down into tears as I rushed against his chest, hugging him as hard as I could. He hugged me back with equal strength, kissing the top of my head. It felt like heaven, standing there in his arms while I sobbed my eyes out.

Suddenly, he stepped away.

"Allie, there's one more thing I have to ask you, though, if we're going to move any further." he warned, backing away. He then reached in his pocket, and I was utterly confused until my heart shattered, and he recreated the moment from the dance, the one that made me cry, as he bent down, bowed his head to me, and presented me with a ring.