Eviction Notice

We got back up, continuing the second song, but I soon couldn't handle it. Every second I looked in those crystal blue eyes, my systems went into overdrive. Soon, I was grabbing his hand tighter, as if I was holding on for dear life.

My heart was pounding so fast to the point where it felt like my stomach was being pumped out of my body. It hurt so much, and in the middle of a rep, I stopped, jerking myself from Orion's grasp and backing up a few steps. He watched me with a surprised and worried face, stepping slowly towards me.

"Allie? What's wrong?" he asked cautiously, reaching out to me with a hand. I held to my ribcage, trying to apply pressure to the erratic activity taking place in my body. I couldn't handle it, and I ran to the bathroom, locking the door and clinging to the nearest clean toilet I could find.

I sat there, sweating and crying and praying that my body would relax. My vision was swirling and eventually, so was my body. I sat like that for what felt like ten minutes, until I heard Orion calling my name, sending chills down my spine.

I couldn't answer until I was calm again. I waited and waited until my heart had relaxed, and when it was finally calm for a few minutes, I crawled over to the door, unlocking it to let Orion in. He opened the door carefully, making sure that I wasn't in danger of getting hit with it.

His eyes widened when he saw how pale my face was. I had broken into a cold sweat, and my body was shaking profusely. Orion left and shortly returned with all my stuff, including my jacket. He sat me up and wrapped my jacket around me before slinging my backpack over his arm and hoisting me up, carrying me like a bride.

Laying against his chest was like laying near a fireplace. As we walked, my cold sweat went away, and I soon felt the color going back into my face, but I was still too weak to walk.

Orion carried me all the way to my house, and he never tired once. When we approached my house, however, there were three suitcases that seemed to be thrown on the porch. I had Orion set me down so I could go look, and as I got closer, I recognized them. The olive green suitcase, from Scotland. The black suitcase, from my mother. The red suitcase, from my dad. And on top of them, a piece of paper.

"Eviction Notice," the paper read, "Effective immediately." My heart dropped. I looked at the door and stomped over to it, using my key to get in. Once I was inside, I went to go find Dean, who I knew was inside. He was using my laptop, and I took that opportunity to get my payback. I snuck in the bedroom and ducked to grab my bat.

Standing back up, I crept over to him and swung as hard as I could, catching him in the shoulder and sending him out of the chair. "So you beat me, and then you kick me out of a house that I pay rent for?" I shouted, grabbing my laptop. "And you don't even have the common courtesy to give me all of my stuff?" I growled, looking around for the rest of my stuff.

"I already called your uncle and told him to stop paying me. I'm done messing around with you. You're crazy." Dean barked, getting back up and rubbing his shoulder. I ignored him, scouring through the bathroom to make sure I had all my things. I looked everywhere in the house, because if he was going to kick me out, I better damn well have everything I own.

I found a bag of money under the couch and decided to keep it as well. Then, while I was looking under the mattress as my last place, I found like ten envelopes.

"What are these?" I asked Dean, seeing that they all had my name on them. He seemed surprised that I found them. He tried to grab them away from me, but I moved my hand back quickly. He then sighed, accepting defeat, and groaned, "There are letters in there that explain it. I, um, when I actually thought we could date, I read some of your articles and I thought they were amazing. And, I, yeah. Just read the letters. Are you done here?"

I nodded, and as I was leaving, he called, "Allie, I know our relationship and whatever we had of a friendship has been ruined, but if you're ever in an emergency situation, call me and I'll do what I can to help." I was shocked, and all I could do was nod before leaving.

Orion watched me shut the door, and he asked if I needed help with anything. I let him carry one suitcase while I stuffed the bag of money and envelopes in my red suitcase. I slid my laptop in my backpack, which was still on Orion's back, and started to carry my other two suitcases until Orion snatched them both from me.

"You're funny if you think you're carrying anything after what happened at the studio." he said, and I chuckled, walking alongside him. After a little bit of walking, he asked suddenly, "Why was your uncle paying him to protect you? Wouldn't your mom want to pay him?"

My smile faded, and my walk turned into a trudge. Might as well be honest. "My mom killed herself after I moved away for college."