A Seemingly Large Waste of a Lot of Money

"The plane leaves in fifteen minutes, ma'am, the next one isn't for another week." said the lady on the phone. "Don't let that plane leave without me," I growled, hanging up and grabbing the nearest cab.

"Hello, where-" the taxi man started, but I gave him $400 and said, "If I'm not at the airport in ten minutes, I will kill you. Literally." I spat, and the man said no more, punching it at 110 miles per hour.

I was at the airport in five.

I ran through the gates, giving the lady $600 for my ticket and running past the security guards, who tried to stop me for luggage but realized I didn't have any. I begged a man on the plane to let me sit next to him, but he wouldn't. I didn't know why, so I went on to beg the next person, and the next, all denying me.

"You can sit next to me," a man with a thick Scottish accent shouted from the back. I rushed over to him as the plane took off, and I soon realized that it was an old friend. "Cuddy!" I shouted as I saw him, overjoyed to have a friend with me.

"Goin' back to Scotland so soon, are ye?" he asked.

"I met this sweet, amazing guy there, and going back is literally the only way I can get him back." I confided, eager to tell him everything besides the genie details.

Cuddy listened as a girl would to my gossip, loving every bit of it. "When ye two have the weddin, might I be on the list of guests, lassie?" He asked shyly as we were landing. I nodded, telling him that I would be overjoyed if he came to our wedding.

If we were to have one, my inner voice told me. I then realized that Orion might hate me for what I've done. He might never want to speak to me again after I'd wasted my third wish so stupidly. My stomach began to rise as we landed, but not because of the swift change in altitude. 

When we landed, I asked Cuddy to drive me as fast as he could to Blackford, and he was delighted to. He told me that he'd always wanted an excuse to speed in a cab. We raced down streets and soon, we were in Blackford, in front of the pub that I'd visited. I thanked Cuddy and asked him to wait outside as I looked in. I burst through the doors, asking for the lady up front for Alex. She went in back and I waited impatiently for him to return. It was nearly 4:00 in the morning but I couldn't care less. I needed my Orion back.

"Alex! You served me a couple months ago with a little blue pitcher. Please tell me you still have it!" I begged loudly, drawing the attention of customers. He nodded his head and I slammed $100 on the desk, pleading him for it. He readily ran and grabbed the pitcher, bringing it back to me.

I ran out the door with it, rubbing the side and holding it close to me. I rubbed it furiously, hoping that something would happen. Anything. I was disappointed to find out that nothing would come out of the pitcher. I kept it with me as Cuddy drove me back to the airport, helping me board the next flight home. He gave me his number in case I needed to talk to him, and I thanked him.

The flight back home was so lonely. I looked out the window, my face and shirt drenched endlessly in tears, and I let myself walk home again after I got off the plane. I got home at six in the morning, not having slept for almost three days, throwing my bag to the side and clinging onto the pitcher.

I set it down on my counter, only to look up and scream the remainder of my vocal chords out.