Rare Incidents with the Worst Timing

It was our fourth day into the cruise, and we had raked in about $2000 each from the gambling rooms, and we were tired. We decided, since it was sunny outside, to take a break from gambling and lay on the deck, taking two sunbathing chairs from the nonexistent occupants.

We took that time to talk about life some more, as if we didn't already do that enough as it was. We were just letting go, talking about whatever was on our minds. I made sure not to let certain things slip, as per usual.

I heard thunder, suddenly, which caught me off guard, for it was just sunny five minutes before. Pretty soon, we were in a harsh storm, thunder and lightning going on nonstop. I tried not to let my fear of thunder overcome me and show itself, but pretty soon, Orion started to notice.

"Do you want to go inside?" he asked, and at first I shook my head, but the thunder got worse immediately, so I changed my answer quickly. He nodded and wasted no time in getting up, taking my hand and letting me go first as we headed back inside.

"Listen, Allie," Orion started, seriousness flooding his voice as we sat down on the bed. That forlorn look had returned to his eyes. "There's something I need to-" he started, before he was cut off by a blaring alarm going off throughout the boat. Someone then rushed in our room.

Evacuate immediately! A tsunami will hit the ship at any minute!" he shouted, before getting out of the room. I looked at Orion with complete horror as the alarm deafened me. "Allie..." he started, before I grabbed my stuff and his hand and headed out to the deck.

When we ascended the steps, all we could see for miles upward was a giant, terrifying wall of water.