The First Dance

We soon stood on the stage, hand in hand, staring into each others' eyes. It hurt my heart to stare at such things of beauty, so I soon studied his face to take a break from the eyes. There was silence, but it was comfortable. My heart was audibly pumping out of my chest, and I could hardly breathe, but all I could seem to do was drink in the sight of his lips, of his strong jaws covered in a sweet, clean stubble, of the short, forward mohawk that his hair naturally formed, his clean yet rugged style. 

It was like I couldn't stop staring at him.

Feeling his thumbs massage the back of my hands was mesmerizing, and I only hoped that he was staring at me too and not being freaked out by my staring. It was like time had finally stopped for a damn second, letting me take a breath that was only to be taken away for Orion's collection.

The moment was broken suddenly by Orion's husky voice. "Which song do you want to work on first?" I was still dazed, but I shook my head to try to clear my thoughts as I said, "Um, let's do the second one. Why not?" He nodded and I set it to loop on my phone before grabbing the little table and placing it near us for accessibility.

"So, how do we do this?" He asked, unsure of how to start. I shrugged. "I've never danced with a partner. Just start and do whatever the song makes you want to do." I said, not even sure of how I start, myself.

"Well, I mean, I won't do that, but..." I heard him mutter as he walked away, preparing himself for the start. "Orion, relax. We're only practicing, and we're trying to put stuff together right now so it's better if you look dumb now so that you can look amazing during the show." I cooed, patting his back.

He nodded, and I walked him back to the table, pressing play on the song. When the song started, his movements were swift at the beat and then slow after, and each time he moved, my heart sped up. Once the song started speeding up, he started moving more evenly, falling into the song more.

I let him take control the first time through, and when the second time came, I took control, showing off things I wanted to incorporate. After those two times, we brought up the chairs and pieced a lot of it together.

We started to do the same with the second song, seeing as it had worked so well the first time, but while it was Orion's turn, my heart was beating unhealthily fast. I started to feel sick, and we sat down so I could take a breath. I laid down and he sat beside me as I drank water.

We talked for what felt like hours, never bothering to look at a clock. As I got to know him, I got happier and happier, feeling like I finally had someone I could talk to. I had finally let someone in. I knew my dad would be proud of me.