Four

It's been a few years since I've seen Ayato. Ever since he left us. Life without him is pretty lonely. Every evening I wait for him waiting for him to open my room and plop down on the bed next to me. But that never happens.

-------------

"I'm going out now!" I said as I put on my shoes.

"You have the list right?" Touka said.

I dug my hands into my pockets and felt a paper. I took it out and unwrinkled it.

"Yeah" I said while holding on the list.

"Alrighty then! Be careful" she said with a smile.

I smiled back and opened the door. I walked down the familiar sidewalk. This is the same one me and Ayato used to walk on when we went to school. I wonder how's he's doing right now.

I took my time getting the groceries. Going to various shops around the area. I lose track of time while doing so.

"Crap! I need to hurry back before it gets late" I mutter to myself and jog back with tons of grocery bags in my arms.

As I arrived I felt a weird vibe coming from the door. As I walked up I realized that the sign said closed. Weird. They never close during this time. Maybe they're having a meeting? I put the groceries on the floor and look underneath the mat for a spare key. Weird, the key isn't here either. I remember about a backdoor and quickly grab the groceries.

I ran up to the back door and I smelled both blood and ghouls coming from the door. There are new ghouls in the room. I can smell Touka and Kaneki. The rest are all new. I reach into my bag and pull out my mask. It's similar to Kaneki's but it doesn't cover my eyes. For a reason as well, but I'll save that reason for another time. Feeling a bit scared I slowly opened the door. As quietly as I could. My eyes widened through my mask. Touka was passed out on the floor. Three men were tied up. And Kaneki was being beat up. I slammed the door open.

"What the hell happened in here?" I said with a dark aura surrounding me. The man beating up Kaneki stopped to look at me.

"Who are you?" There was a guy blocking the front door. I guess that's why I couldn't come in.

"Someone." I said.

"What are you?" The man asked again.

"I can be a ghoul. Yet I can be a human" I stated plainly. Out of my peripheral I saw a familiar shade of dark hair.

It was him, Ayato.

My expression remained unchanged. I looked on at the man currently holding Kaneki. "Can you let him go?" I asked patiently.

The man laughed. "You think mere words can stop me?"

"Yeah."

"You have a lot of balls to say that"

"Hmm that's funny, last time I checked I didn't have any." I said, unamused, "Now I'm going to ask for the last time. Can you please let him go?"

"No."

I let my kagune rip out from my body. My father was a powerful ghoul. I inherited his blue kagune. My eyes became a bright blue and all of the ghouls in the room became surprised. Especially Ayato after realizing who I was. I shot my kagune at the man's hand.

He let go of Kaneki and shot his kagune at me. I dodged and hit him again and again. Each time piercing his skin.

"One. Two. Three." I said before I stopped my attacks.

I looked over to Ayato. He's gotten into so much trouble.

"(Y-Y/N)?" He asked.

"Ayato." I said back.

"Ahh! So you're the infamous (Y/N) Ayato's been talking about!" The man at the door said. "You really are what he's told us you are. Very beautiful! Such soft and delicate skin!"

I could feel my face heat up. Did Ayato talk about me?

My body started to weaken. One of my bad side effects was my body, human, not being able to take my ghoul energy for such a long time. Only if I'm fighting, which is a rare thing.

My legs gave out and I felt myself falling. I braced myself but I didn't hit the ground. I was in Ayato's arms. That is before he hit a certain point on my neck and knocked me out.