Eighteen

"Boy or Girl" Ayato asked me later that day.

"I don't know."

"I would want a girl"

"Why?"

"Because I want her to be a badass sister."

"Sister?"

"I also want her to have a little brother." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"We'll see." I laughed.

"I haven't thought about it but, shouldn't the baby be born in wedlock?"

"Wedlock?"

"Yeah."

"Only if you ask."

"And if I did ask?"

"I would say yes"

----

He's been out all day. He was at school for three hours but then told me that he would be studying at a library for finals. Last time I checked, finals weren't until 4 more months.

I was getting suspicious but then realize I was over reacting.

----

The next day he didn't come home. That was when I was very suspicious. I smelled his scent in the house, but I couldn't recognize where it was coming from.

"Ayato?" I found a sticky note on the ground of the bedroom.

If you want me, find me. I'm in the kitchen.

Great another one of his games. I walked into the kitchen but he wasn't here. But I did see a cup of his famous coffee. I walked over and saw another sticky note.

Come outside love.

I rolled my eyes and walked out the front door with my cup of coffee in my hand. Near the doorbell I found another sticky note.

Almost there! Now walk ten steps to the right, and then take the elevator to the penthouse.

I forgot, the penthouse was ours now thanks to Akane.

I took the elevator up and opened the door to the luxurious penthouse. It was decorated, with red roses and fairy lights. Rose petals covered the floor. I mean it was a nice gesture, but who's going to clean up?

Light music played in the background and then I saw another sticky note on our coffee table.

Will

Will? Is he dying? He better not.

I walked closer to where the music was being played and found another note.

You

Me? What is he trying to get across?

Then I smelled the smell of coffee again. I ran to the kitchen and found yet another note. Is this his way of telling me to exercise? I'm pregnant damn it.

Marry me?

Oh. I see where this is going now. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned around immediately. It was Ayato, in a suit. It wasn't a suit it was just a pair of slacks, a dress shirt, and a tie. But it was pretty formal for him.

"(Y/N). I love you." he got onto one knee, "Marry me and spend the rest of your life with me by your side. Choose me out of the 7 billion other people and ghouls in the world. Choose me."

I was speechless. He did all of that. For me.

"Yes. Yes!" He got up and slipped the beautiful ring onto my finger. The ring was beautiful but looked like it must've costed a fortune.

"How much was this?" I asked him.

"It's my mom's ring. It fits perfectly on you" He marveled.

"You didn't have to do any of this"

"But I wanted to. I want to make sure you mean a lot to me by doing this. You are my world"

"I love you"

"I love you too, Kirishima (Y/N)" he winked.