Chapter Two ~ Loki

I looked around the inky blackness that was my mind. The only thing I could make out were the cold metal bars of my cell. I sighed, nothing had changed from these last months, other than my body being captured by Odin's forces. I sat down, willing the darkness to recede, and started to mediate. I had found a way to actually see what was going on while Thanos had control over my body. The fact that he made me do so many vile acts is enough for me to want to throttle him, but my brother was what sent me under. I finally accepted that I was powerless, and I had waited long for the time when I was free once more. I watched as Thanos used my domain over illusions to cast once of such magnitude that it was a lost impossible to see through. I had learned much from the times when Thanos used my magic. He was an ancient being with a vaster knowledge than I, and he lent it to me on a regular basis without his knowing. That was my only victory in this situation. I watched as Thor came to my cell. Today though, something seemed different. Thor was much more solemn, his shoulders hunched, hair disheveled, eyes accentuated by bags. I felt a pang of sorrow, and continued to watch. "I hope you are happy today, brother." The illusion glared at Thor and hissed, "You are no brother of mine." Thor' shoulders fell more, and he looked more sullen. "Mother has died. An unknown poison was given to her, causing her systems to slowly shut down. The poison was too ancient for us to learn about and she died within days." I took in those thoughts and I grew enraged. My mother was dead. She was dead because of an ancient poison, meaning an ancient evil. Who? It occurred to me with a rather sick delight. It had to have been Thanos. There is no other way. My possessor also killed my mother. The rage inside of me made my eyes fly open and my meditative trance broken. The blackness that I had been in once more was now tinted with a golden light. I sneered at the challenge and stood up. I tried to reach down for my domain of illusions, but once I got close, I felt another being, this one much more full of power. It was locked away, hidden behind a mental door, and I quickly tried to unlatch it, but to no avail. The thought of my mother came once more and I punched the door, it dented slightly and I watched the damage I was inflicting in morbid fascination as I continued to kick and punch the door, my rage having taken over. As soon as a whole was made, the magic came rushing out, cancelling Thanos' control over my illusions. They fell, but I could still feel his control over my body. I pushed forward and finally felt what it was like to control my body again, but not fully. Thanos was still fighting. I needed to weaken him. A crazy plan came to mind and I focused all of my power on only my mouth. I won control and started talking to Thor. "Thor! Brother, please help me!" A hand came up to clamp the mouth that I was controlling, but it had done it's job. "Brother, what is wrong? What trickery is this?" I bit at the hand and I didn't feel anything, but it flew away, trying to take away the pain. "It is Thanos! He has taken hold of my body!" I continued to try to control my face, and once I did, I looked up at Thor from my place curled on the ground. "I need you to hurt me." Thor was dumbfounded, but Thanos wasn't done yet, in my concentration on my face, he lunged and took control of my mouth. "Don't come near me you scum. Odin will have your head for killing one of his prisoners." Thor looked into my pleading eyes and his hardened. Thanos then took control over my eyes as well, and I only had my ears in control. I started to despair at the loss of a chance. "My brother has green eyes. Why are yours blue?" I couldn't feel anything, but I could hear the anger and determination in Thor's voice. "Have you ever heard of age foolish boy?" I then knew that Thanos had made a mistake. I used this thought to once again ram forward and take control of my face, but nothing lower than my chin. "Please Thor. I can not hold up against him forever. He has possessed my body for months and I have only a little more strength to beat him. I need you to injure him, by hurting me. Please brother." I looked imploringly at my adoptive brother and his face hardened even more, his teeth grinding. Thor used his massive strength to rip open the bars to the cell and stalked forward, swinging Mjölnir in a circle, readying for the fight.