Chapter Seven ~ Percy

I smiled contently as Harry, the Weasleys, and I went back to their home, the Burrow, after doing some school shopping. I was mentally amazed at all of the magic and spells, but I didn't let it show on the outside, I was still on alert. Ever since I found Harry I couldn't help but feel like someone was going to take him away from me. I felt a little odd carrying a stick- sorry, a wand- though. I don't know how anyone could rely on that flimsy little thing for protection. I just rolled with it and met that Ollivander guy. We had gone to get me an owl too, but I knew that that wasn't going to work. Let's just say that everyone knows owls hate me now. Jolted back from my thoughts, stupid ADHD, we had just stopped in front of a fireplace that could connect us to the Burrow, apparently. I was a little sckeptical until Ginny stepped in, threw some powder yelling 'The Burrow', and vanished in a spurt of green flames that suspiciously reminded me of Greek Fire. I didn't take any powder until both Ron and George went. "Close your eyes Percy. It's really distorting if you don't." Harry gave me that advice before he too went up in green flames. I quickly stepped into the fireplace after him, praying to the gods for my survival. I felt both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's eyes on me as I threw the powder. "The Burrow!" I closed my eyes rather tightly and felt myself being pushed, pulled, flipped, squished, and flattened. I kept down the bile in my throat and my demigod reflexes were the only thing that kept me from falling on the ground. I stood up from my slight crouch after a few seconds to walk over by Harry, waiting for Mr. and Mrs. Weasley to appear. I looked around, assessing my surroundings, and I was met with a homey living room. It contained a sofa, three armchairs, small tables next to each seat, one large table in between all of the seats, a clock, and the large fireplace that I just came through. Rather than telling the time though, it seemed that the clock indicated the status of each Weasley. There were various phrases in the place of numbers. I couldn't make them all out, but one looked like 'Wobrur', so it must have been 'Burrow'. Also, instead of arms to tell the time, there were nine hands, one for each member of the family. I quickly looked over them and noticed one hand was constantly resting on 'Edda'. Again, I couldn't see with my dyslexia, but the hand must have said Fred, the dead twin. Then, suddenly, two hands moved from 'Vnitagerl' to 'Burrow', as a green fire burst in the fireplace again. I returned my wandering eyes from what looked like a kitchen to Mrs. Weasley's smiling face. We all had an awkward moment of just standing there as Mr. Weasley stepped out of the fire, until Ginny sighed and went up the stairs on the side of the room. Hermione gave a small giggle and went to talk with Ron while Mrs. Weasley pulled Mr. Weasley outside to talk about something concerning gnomes. I turned my attention to Harry, who squirmed under my stare making me snicker. "Nervous, little bro?" Harry smiled sheepishly at me, rubbing his neck. "I guess... So... where've you been?" I snickered, flopping onto the couch behind us, patting the seat beside me for Harry. "That's a long story, I was raised in the Americas though. Where you always living here in England?" Harry frowned as he remembered his childhood, sitting down next to me. "Yeah, I lived in Surrey with my- our aunt, uncle, and their son. I had been unaware of the magical community until I turned eleven. Life there wasn't the greatest, but I got by... What's America like?" I flung my arm around my little twin and smiled upwards, eyeing the ear hanging from the staircase. "It was big. I lived in New York- which is one of their largest cities- for my whole life, and it wasn't the most ideal either, but my adoptive mom was great." Harry grimaced in sympathy and I messed up his hair. "Whatever. Now we have each other though, so you're stuck with me." Harry laughed, putting his hands in his pockets and relaxing into the couch, until he seemed to feel something as he sprang up. "Oh, I forgot! I have something for you Percy." My interest peaked, I stood up as well, peering down at the locker he placed in my hands. "Yeah... I got them made today. I went to our old home and found some things. I had these lockets put together so that each of us could wear one. It had a picture of us as a family in it, and the lockets were Mom's. I-" Harry squeaked in surprise as I grabbed him in a large hug and tears pricked my eyes. "Thanks Harry, I love it. Could you put it on?" I squatted a little as my little bro took the beautiful necklace from my hands and clasped it around my neck. I felt it settle perfectly with my camp necklace and I grinned, taking the second locket from the box and fastening it around Harry's neck too. He smiled at me and I cocooned him in my arms, falling back onto the couch, laughing. I never had any brothers with Sally, and Poseidon didn't break his vow more than once. It is nice having a little brother; I wonder what it'll be like to have Loki back as well...