Chapter Four ~ Percy

My mind slowly came into focus and I realized that I was no longer in my father's arms. I looked around and saw Hecate sitting on a throne in the center of two crossroads, surrounded by magically flying books. We were in the middle of nowhere with plain fields coming in on all sides. "Hello Perseus." I flinched at the use of my full name. "Just Percy please, Lady Hecate." She nodded. "Do you know what you used in the battle earlier, Percy?" I frowned at the immortal before me. "When?" Hecate murmured to herself. "When you froze everyone, including the Earth Mother, and then managed to walk on air." A look of realization grew on my face. "No, I'm sorry Lady Hecate, but I do not." Hecate beckoned me closer and I cautiously walked forward. "You had preformed magic." I looked at her, eyes wide. "No, I couldn't have. Poseidon is my father. I'm not your son, right?" Hecate looked offended. "Is there something wrong with being related to me, Percy?" I took an involuntary step back. "No, nothing would be wrong at all, but I am? It just shocks me. Did Father lie?" I felt another presence to my left and I spun to see Dad standing there, head hung in sorrow. "Only partially Percy. I did adopt you, so you are my son, just not biologically." I felt tears prickle in my eyes. "So you... lied... to me?" Poseidon flinched and looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Please son, you have to understand-" I flung my arms between Hecate and Dad. "Understand what?! What happened that I needed to be lied to?" I tried to be calm but my patience wore thin and I could feel a tear start to fall down my face. "Your real parents were killed a few months after you were born Percy." I stared at Hecate, who had answered my question. My 'father' too choked up to do so. "How?" I felt the rest of my tears start to fall and I knew then, that my life had just changed forever. For better or worse, I would be even more different then I am since the ends of the wars. "A dark man was trying to make himself immortal, and a prophecy foretold of him being killed by a young boy, a baby. That child, was you, and your brothers." I gawked. "I have brothers?" My knees gave out and I fell to the ground. "Percy, please understand. I could only take one of you, I had to choose! I wanted all three of you, but you were all so brave as little ones. The eldest went with Odin and you crawled towards me, letting the youngest be protected by the wizards." I sobbed, and when Poseidon wrapped me in a hug, I let him. I understood because of my loyalty. It won't allow me to falsely accuse him of anything, he really did try his best to keep me safe, even if that meant turning me into a demigod. I grabbed him and pulled my adoptive father to me, trying to remember a time when I had brothers. A time when I had a biological family that was happy and loving. When I had a bond with siblings that helped us to stick together, through thick and thin. A while later, what felt like hours, as I went over the information I was given, a question popped into my mind. "Wait, why were we all babies together?" I looked quizzically at Hecate through my bloodshot eyes. "You three were triplets, the Potter triplets as everyone use to call you." I felt the words reverberate through my being and I dug my head into Father's shoulder. He rubbed my back and I slowly relaxed. "Why are you telling me this? Why now?" Hecate looked at me with a stern set face. "Because Percy, the youngest finally killed that man. It is now safe for you to return to your world, the wizarding world." I looked at my dad and then back to Hecate. "Um, am I missing something?" Dad chuckled while Hecate rolled her eyes and sighed. She checked her magical watch and shook her head. "You will be waking up soon, so we do not have much time. I will give you the information you seek, as well as what you will be doing this year. School starts in less than two weeks, and you will be attending." Hecate stood up and looked at Poseidon. Dad let go of me and backed away. She splayed her arms towards me, and they started to spark. Instantly I was hit with what felt like thousands of lightning bolts in my brain and I clutched my head in my hands. After what felt like forever, the pain slowly receded to a dull ache and I realized I was related to the goddess standing in front of me. Maybe not one of my brightest ideas, but I stood up and lunged at Hecate. "Grandma!" I hugged her and she stood paralyzed with shock. I leaned back and looked at her face, my smile faltering slightly. She shook her head and chuckled, pulling me back into another hug. "I've been called worse." Dad came over to make a group hug but Grandma stepped back before he could get too close. "No. I'll accept from my grandson, but I'll have to decline you a hug, Poseidon." Dad gave her the puppy eyes, but she just glared unflinchingly back. I went over and clapped a hand on Dad's back. "No worries Dad, I-" I felt a tug and I started to fade. I panicked and looked at both the deities next to me. Dad looked at me and smiled. "Don't worry son, you are just waking up." Hecate leaned forward. "You will be in a different place, follow the instructions on the letter." She kissed my forehead and I blacked out, only to wake up in a bed, with my adoptive father no where to be found.