Chapter Five ~ Loki

I walked into the throne room next to Thor, holding my chains. We both bowed before Odin and I instantly noticed the absence of my mother. I cast my eyes down in sadness as Thor started speaking to Odin. "Father, brother is hear to tell you something very important. Another enemy has been made of the Norse." I could feel Odin's glare on me, and I waited quietly. "Loki, speak." I nodded, looking up at my adoptive father. "Father, I am sorry about Mother, but I believe I know who poisoned her." Odin's glare hardened, as did his jaw. "Was it you Loki? Did you poison my wife?" I shook my head. "No father, I believe it was the man who possessed me. An ancient evil who forced my body and my domains to bend to his will. My mind was locked inside of an inky darkness in my head. The only way to know the actions of my body was through extreme meditation." Odin inspected my from head to toe and back again. He glared into my eyes and slowly nodded. "Say I believe you, how did you manage to free your body of his possession?" I blushed slightly in embarrassment. "I was waiting in my mind, deciding to meditate once more when I felt Thanos control my domain of illusions. Thor walked in and delivered the news of Mother's passing. I grew enraged and a barrier was slightly cracked in my being. I used it to bring my mind forward into control of my body, but it wasn't enough. So I punched through the barrier and used the full amount of power to take control back after a long mental battle and help from Thor." Odin's glare softened and he looked at me sadly. "Loki, I believe you. I would not be the All Father if I could not see the truth in people's words and actions. I also am glad that you managed to free yourself and give me a certain person to kill, but the rest of Asgard will not agree. They will riot for your death and refuse to hear of your innocence. You are not safe here. I am forced to give the people what they want." Thor shook his head vehemently. "No! Loki can stay on Midgard! No Asgardian would dare go there." Odin thought about it for a few minutes. "That could work son, but the Midgardians would not believe it either. I doubt even your friends, that group of mortal heroes, would forgive Loki." My spirits sank, but I steeled my resolve. "Alright, I'll st-" heimdal came rushing in. "I am sorry my Lord, but I can not allow this to happen. Lord Odin, you must send Loki to his birthplace. You know the place I speak of." My birthplace? Where was I born? Amidst my questions, Odin nodded his head, a resigned and regretful look on his face. "Thank you Heimdall. Now, with all due haste, please get back to your post." He nodded and left, leaving Thor and I confused. I took a step forward, "Father, where was I born?" I searched in Odin's eyes for an answer as he sighed and seemed to age ten years. "You were born in the Midgard Great Britain. When I found you, it was only because of a large burst of raw energy. Your family, the Potters, had been attacked by a sinister man, and he killed both of your parents. You were the oldest of three triplets, and when I appeared, you crawled towards me. Poseidon, the Greek God of the Sea and Earthquakes also appeared, and was chosen by the second oldest. You both had kept the youngest one there to be safe with the wizards. That day, a scar was placed upon your forehead, but I knew no one could see it until the time was right, otherwise there would be questions. So I had wizards cover it with a glamour spell. Would you like to have me remove it, son?" I was struck speechless. I had three brothers? Triplet brothers? Would they recognize me with the glamour? I didn't know, but I am always cautious. "Yes Father. I would like to show the marks my triplets and I bare." Odin nodded proudly, accepting my answer. He took out a chain and pendant from underneath his shirt and unhooked it from his neck. He stood up and threw the pearl pendant at the floor, shattering it upon impact. Thor and I both flinched at the sound. A green mist rose from the remains and slowly floated over to encompass me. It lifted me slightly off the floor and I felt my head start to burn as I blacked out. A few minutes later, I awoke to seeing Thor crouched in front of me on the floor. I sat up and brought a hand up to my aching head. I felt rough skin there and I gently traced it with my finger. It was in the shape of a lightning bolt, and I smirked at the irony. I stood up and some hair fell in my eyes. I sighed and brushed it back, only to feel my hair a lot shorter than it was earlier, softer as well. I looked at Father questioningly. "Is there anything else different about me, other than my scar and hair?" Odin shook his head, "No, but you should realize that a bond lays dormant inside of you. Once you meet your triplet brothers, it will awaken and you all will be as one again." I nodded as Thor looked confused. "Father, what does 'as one' mean?" Odin sighed with a small smile on his face. "Thor, twins are like a person, split and then healed. Think of it like this, when you pour mead into one cup, and then pour half of your mead into someone's empty one, now you have two cups of mead, even if they are not full. Correct?" Thor nodded, starting to grasp the concept. "Now, think of taking your cup and splitting it between two other empty cups. Now you have three cups of mead, but if you put them all back together again, they make one full cup of mead. Now do you understand the term 'as one'?" Thor smiled triumphantly and I chuckled. "Loki." I turned to look at Odin as his face fell into grim lines. "You will have to go to Midgard now. Once news spreads of your 'escape' they will all be after you if you step back on Asgardian soil. Heimdall will decline anyone from going to Midgard, you will be safe. We will try to locate Thanos, and I will send Thor to get you once we do. But until then, you will be going to a school for wizards where you will be able to increase your expertise in witchcraft. Because of your age, you will be put in the final year, and I have already cleared your enrollment with the Headmistress to the school. Heimdall will transport you and your enrollment letter to the building that leads to the entrance to the Wizard center point. I wish you well son. Dismissed." I bowed and walked out, Thor following me, as we walked in a comfortable silence towards my new life.