Chapter Seventeen ~ Loki

"Potter, huh? You might want to ask the hat to resort you. No Potter belongs in Slytherin."
I turned my chilling gaze onto a thin blonde boy who appeared to be repulsed by my very name. His nose was turned up ever so slightly in order to look down at me, but all I saw was a snobbish, spoilt little child. Thank the Norns Odin didn't coddle me as he did Thor. I nearly shuddered at the thought of me looking like the arrogant upstart that was trying to intimidate me.
I merely raised an elegant eyebrow and crossed one of my legs over the other, holding up my chalice as if it were a wine glass. Elegantly swirling the liquid in it, I took a sniff and banished it, replacing whatever the foul substance was with some light champagne. Taking a sip, I smiled at the smoothness of the beverage- just how I liked it.
Turning to slightly face the Italian boy I had sat next to, I decided to start up a conversation. "I'll just never tire of Moet's Imperial Brut. Such exquisiteness even in the face of such a disgraceful presence, no?"
The boy's face did not move, but his eyes flicked from my face to my glass and then back. "Unfortunately, my mother has never allowed me into her special cache. I can only assume it is magnificent."
My face nearly twitched when I saw the blonde pounce glare at the boy I was talking to, but that would have just been below my caliber. "I am Loki Odinson of Asgard, but here on Midgard I am only known as Loki Potter. Would you care for a glass?"
This time, the Italian's eyes gave him away. They widened ever so slightly  and gleamed with a common, instinctual greed. "Blaise Zabini, Scion to the Noble House of Zabini. It would be my pleasure."
I smirked at the typical response and lazily waved my empty hand, summoning my champagne bottle from the Inbetween. Gracefully pouring the polite amount of champagne into Zabini's proffered chalice, I could almost feel the curious gazes directed at me and the simmering anger of the arrogant elfling.
Zabini elegantly sniffed his chalice before taking a small sip, and I could immediately see when the taste registered. His eyes dilated and his shoulders relaxed ever so slightly. I could not help but comment. "You like it?"
The boy's shoulders stiffened again, but his eyes stayed blown wide. "It is unlike anything I have ever tasted. Thank you for educating me."
I lightly scoffed and waved my hand in dismissal. "There is nothing for it. Just think of it as a favor." I lightly winked as the boy realized his mistake.
The blonde elfling, however, seemed to have had enough of being ignored. "Did you hear me, Potter? Or are you simply as dumb, deaf, and blind as your supposed brother?"
I felt my anger swell as I turned my eyes to the nuisance once more. "Insulting my brother, are you? Am I to assume that you would be one of those mortals known as a bully?" The git looked affronted before anger clouded his eyes. Truly, this little wizard needed to work on his masks if he did not wish to be read like a book.
"Do you even know who you are talking to, Potter? I am Scion to the Ancient and Noble House of Malfoy, one of the richest and politically prominent families in our society. My family dates back-"
I rolled my eyes and cut the insipid cur off. "I don't care. As you should already know, you dunce, I am Prince to an entire realm. A little noble family isn't very impressive compared to that, now is it? And to add further insult to injury, as the mortal saying goes, I am Scion to the Most Noble and Most Ancient House of Potter." I watched the twit glower at me for a moment as I sipped my wine before deciding to finish my little tirade. "And if this still does not make sense, let me spell it out for you. I. Outrank. You."
The blonde's face flushed terribly with those last three words, but I could tell he was still not cowed, the thickheaded mule.
My point was proven no less than a few moments later, when he opened his mouth once again. "Just you wait until my father hears about this."
I scoffed as I allowed my Asgardian magic to make itself known. A freezing chill spread through the air around me, and my eyes hardened into glaciers. The stupid brat froze with fear, but I smirked in satisfaction when he whimpered at the sight of my eyes flashing red in warning. "I cannot be stopped by a mere mortal, no matter their 'political prominence'. You so much as look at one of my brothers wrong, and the wrath of Asgard will be upon you."
I leveled my sternest glare at the blonde, and with his jaw clenched tightly, his head bent forwards ever so slightly in a nod of acceptance. I smiled widely and leaned back on the wooden bench, reigning my Asgardian magic back in with a snap. "Good."
I cast my eyes around the hall calmly, dully noting all the curious stares locked on my person. It seems my magic was not as inconspicuous as I had thought it had been.
Catching two pairs of eyes so similar to my own, but yet so vastly different as well, I returned my attention to the students around me, still sitting at the newly-barren tables. "Now, as much as a pleasure it was to get to meet you, Scion Zabini, I'm afraid I have business that I simply must attend to. See you in the morning."
Without further ado, I ignored any and all attempts to catch my attention as I walked brusquely down the Slytherin table and out the double doors that were only then just opening.
The fact that I had three shadows instead of one was merely a coincidence.