Chapter Eight ~ Loki

I gave a small smile to Thor and a nod to Heimdall as I disappeared in a flash of rainbow light. I quickly reappeared in a blank room, marble walls accompanied only by a couch, a table, and a chair. There was nothing adorning the table, but it did have elegant carvings on it, most depicting fighting scenes of what must have been the Allfather when he was young. These wizards must not have connected to the Asgardian world for a long time. I gently sat in the chair and put my face in my hands, just thinking of everything that happened in the course of a day... My mother died, Thor helped me overcome Thanos' possession, I spoke with the Allfather without raising an argument, he believed me and told me of a home that I didn't know I had, I found that Migardians did know magic- and called themselves wizards, and that I was one as well. Not only that, but I also had two triplet brothers that hadn't seen me sense they were one! I hadn't seen them sense I was one... I sighed and leaned back in the chair, feeling rather helpless. How was I to find them? Sure, they most likely looked exactly like me, but they could be anywhere in the world right now. They might not even be together themselves! How am- My thoughts were cut short by a group of small creatures rushing in with armor and weapons drawn. I quickly illusions myself invisible and made another appear in the center of the room, as if it was standing there the whole time. The creatures- goblins maybe- then formed a standing arrow with their supposed leader at the front. "Who are you, and how did you get here?" I remained impassive, as did my illusion as it spoke. "I am Loki Potter, Prince Of Asgard. I came here through the Bifrost. To whom do I owe the pleasure of meeting?" A few murmurs rose from the ranks before the front creature stepped forward. "We are the goblins of Gringotts, and this is our warrior division. I am the leader of this bank, Ragnock. Why are you here, my prince?" I made the illusion bow his head in greeting, glad that I could correctly guess whom the little creatures were. "I am here to search for my brothers and learn the ways of Midgardian wizards... I believe I am to attend a school named Hogwarts. Would you be able to help me with this quest, Lord Ragnock?" Surprise flickered over the goblins' faces for less than a millisecond, but I was easily able to catch it. They were either in awe that a prince recognized their leader, or they were amazed that I did not treat them with disrespect. Though the former leads to the latter, so I would have to assume the wizards do not treat them correctly. "Of course Prince Loki, though I have to tell you with my deepest regret that you missed your twins reunion by a few hours. The second eldest, Perseus, was coming here to go to his vault when young Harry had been coming to buy his school supplies as well. Though, from the information that I gathered, Perseus and Harry are also going to Hogwarts for the last year." I walked over to wear my illusion was and assumed its pose, slowly disillusioning it while taking of my invisibility illusion as well. So I would be at Hogwarts the same time they were, that works very well. "Thank you, Lord Ragnock, for the information, though I have one last request for today, if it is not too big of a trouble." The leader goblin nodded his head of rne to continue. "Would you be able to take me to the Potter vault as well?" Ragnock chuckled, and swept an arm sideways as he rotated ninety degrees. All of the goblins behind him separated into two rows, making a path for him. "That is a simple task. Come, I will tell you more of your brothers as we go." I inclined my head and walked forwards, my illusion completely dissipated. I wonder what my brothers did to get recognition by the head of the Gringotts bank? I shrugged internally, be as it may, I would like to know my brothers better. We exited the room into a hall, though it looked the same as the room. Completely blank except for the white marble walls and pillars. As Ragnock spoke of what Harry did since I had left, we walked past many doors, most of which were closed, but one or two were open, and you could see goblins working at large desks filled with paper and walls lavished with paintings, weapons, and gems. Listening to what my littlest brother had to do throughout his years of education saddened me and brought a vicious flame to my heart. What type of man would allow a boy to fight his parents' murderer inside of a school at age eleven?! Then I hear of his fourth year and my disappointment grew. He had accused a fourteen-year-old of cheating and then continued to let him play in a dangerous tournament with that large death toll. The man's only saving grace is that my little triplet still lives. When I heard Harry had to die in order to kill Voldemort I ground my teeth, wishing the git was still alive. Pushing my anger aside, we got into a suspicious-looking crate and I cast a few quick wind and fastening spells before the cart took off with a cackle from the goblin. He didn't talk on the way to the vault, most likely to keep the bugs out of his mouth, but it did give me time to think. We had left my littlest brother with the wizards to protect him, but they had pushed him onto a pedestal and either glorified or slandered him. They then expected him to beat an 'immortal'. He wasn't though, it was only because of those horcruxes. A demented form of black soul magic, which caused his soul to break into even more parts when he tried to kill us. Unfortunately, Harry had gotten it in his scar. His scar- the one we all shared. My eyes widened as I hastily pushed a tendril of my Asgardian magic up to my forehead, and I felt something in my head recoil back as if burned. That would mean... Voldemort's still alive and Perseus may be a horcrux too. My fists clenched together in anger as I realized all of Harry's work had been for naught once more. Tom Riddle is going to be tortured to a final death, I silently vowed to myself. Let it be known that his days are numbered.