Chapter Thirteen ~ Percy

After our realization that the dark lord was still out there, Ron didn't come within five feet of me. Harry was equal parts sad and angry- not at me though, he made sure to point out. Harry was mad at the unfairness of Voldemort, who's name I learned was actually Tom Riddle. I knew I would tease him on that as soon as I saw him. We hadn't told either Molly or Ginny as we didn't want to scare them too early on. And behaving like she apparently always does, Hermione didn't come out of her room for the next two days, electing to research a safe solution to our new problem. She only made her continuing existence known on the second day at lunch.
"Argh, why is this so complicated? Damn Dumbledore!" Ron and Ginny's eyes widened as Harry and I turned around to look at a distraught and angry female bookworm. "Whoa, Hermione, take a few deep breaths." Harry got up and quietly pat on her back as she took the deep breaths as instructed and I could visibly see her shoulders slump. "I-I just... I can't find anything and I bet it's because of Dumbledore. Most-likely whatever could have gotten rid of the horcrux was labeled off as dark magic or too dangerous for the public knowledge. He was so strictly by the book that he could have eliminated whatever knowledge would have helped us for the 'greater good'! It's so ridiculous!" Harry chuckled softly and grabbed Hermione's hands from tearing out her hair. "Do you remember someone else who was 'strictly by the book'?" Hermione glared at Harry and huffed. "Well, yeah, but I'm not like that anymore." I smiled as Harry got his point across. "Exactly, but Dumbledore never had anyone to correct him so he continued to be the same way. What knowledge we could have had now is gone, so we just need to keep looking." Hermione raised her eyebrow to speak, but Ron obliviously cut her off. "Then what mate?" Harry cast a sad look at me, but I only smiled warmly back, not worried in the slightest. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there." Hermione and Ginny hummed in obvious annoyance. "Who wants scrambled eggs and sausage?" Mrs. Weasley swooped in with food levitating behind her and a large smile on her face, unknowingly cutting the tense atmosphere in half. "I've finally gotten lunch ready! Wh- oh Hermione! It's so good to see you out of that horrid room dear, any longer and I would have gone up there myself with some of my famous chocolate fudge to get you out. Are you alright sweetie?" I smiled as Hermione seemed to enjoy being smothered in attention by the Weasley Matriarch. "Yes, I'm quite alright Mrs. Weasley. I'm just frustrated I can't find some information I was looking for is all." Molly tsked, placing her hands on her hips while magically placing the plates of food on the table. "Well of course not dear, you can't research any with an empty stomach! Eat up! But I do recommend you save room for the special dessert I made." Hermione giggled as a twinkle shown in Mrs. Weasley's eyes. Ron already had his face full of food, so Harry, Hermione, and Molly sat down to enjoy the meal. I smiled at my triplet before grabbing a few half sandwiches to munch on.
It was quite for a bit before Mrs. Weasley seemed to have enough of that. "Ronnie dear, have you finished packing yet? I want to leave on time this year for once." Ron froze with his hand reaching to grab another sandwich. "Uhhhh..." Hermione let out an exasperated noise as I saw her mouth twitch up in a small smile. "Ronald! What could have been more important that packing for school? We need to leave early tomorrow! And I know for a fact you'll be too tired to actually pack correctly in the morning, so don't give me that excuse." Ron whined, but Hermione only raised her eyebrow at the tall boy. "Right after we finish eating lunch you're going to go pack- no ifs, ands, or buts." Ginny giggled at Ron's defeated huff while Harry and I smiled at the scene. Hearing the noise, Hermione whirled around and pointed an accusing finger at us all. "Don't think I'm not going to make you all pack either. Harry, I know you didn't pack yet either." Harry gave a small smile and shrugged, glancing at me with a 'what-can-you-do' look on his face. Hermione hummed suspiciously, but returned to eating her food as the Weasley Matriarch started asking us all what classes we would be taking this year. I had no idea, so I was just guessing Poseidon and Hecate signed me up for some classes I would need or like. Harry and Ron were taking the same classes. They were taking all the core classes- including potions, to their despair- Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, Muggle Studies, and a free period while Hermione was taking all the core classes with Arithmancy, Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Alchemy, and the Study of Ancient Runes. I knew from the look on Ron's face that he wasn't very happy with having to take Arithmancy, and I think he only took it for the extra credit as he would think he'd just be able to copy off of Hermione. Something told me Hermione wouldn't be that easy to get past though, especially because it was their last year of schooling and he was her boyfriend- "C'mon Percy!" I was jolted out of my thoughts when Hermione yelled in my ear, looking at me slightly red-faced. I shook my head and stood up, realizing lunch was over and I had subconsciously gobbled up some black pudding that Mrs. Weasley had generously put on my plate. I blushed slightly, but internally groaned when I remembered that we needed to pack now.
When we got upstairs, Ron gave his own groan at seeing all of our stuff jumbled together in a messy pile about as wide as a loveseat and as tall as a table. I saw Harry send a small glare at the four trunks sitting innocently next to the monster mound. "It's there a spell for this?" I smiled as the information popped into my head, thanks to Hecate's blessing. "Not for you there isn't. You better get to packing Ron." Hermione crossed her arms  while watching Ron but I smirked to myself as I discreetly cast the spell and used a little bit of the mist to make it look like I had found all my stuff in a section of the pile and picked it up. "How'd you do that mate?" I smirked at an amazed redhead. "Why, a wizard never reveals his secrets."