Chapter Nineteen ~ Percy

Thanks so much for 1k followers everybody! 💕

Over the next couple of days before classes started, I was with my brothers almost every minute. We explored the ups and downs of Hogwarts with Harry's awesome map that had been made by our father and a group of his friends.
Every time I was reminded of our father, my hand would stray to the necklace around my neck, which Loki had been moved to speechlessness over when he received one from Harry. The resulting group hug has been one of the best I had ever received.

While exploring Hogwarts, Harry told us all about his adventures in certain places in years past. The stories did not always receive the best of reactions though, as Loki and I were not pleased to hear of Harry's dangerous feats. The number of times he could have been killed was appalling, and Loki and I both swore to each other to keep an extra close eye on our littlest brother from then on out.
A few times we were accosted by small groups of people, but luckily, none of them were dangerous. The groups were mostly just students who were either curious about our pasts or our pants. Loki was horrified and appalled by the forwardness of some of the female students, and every time, I laughed at his face.
With the time I couldn't spend with Harry and Loki, I mostly hung out with Hannah and Susan. They were funny and really accepting. It helped that they weren't trying to get into my pants too, unlike many, many others.
I chalked the crazy affection of the female students down to the interest factor, as Susan had told me no one had transferred to Hogwarts in a long time. Hopefully, it would just fade away with time.

-

Waking to the sound of birds chirping, I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. The sun was barely peeking over the horizon, the mist was lightly covering the school grounds, and it was a perfect time to do my morning exercises.
Quickly and quietly putting on some workout clothes, I evaporated next to my bed, condensing a few feet above the surface of the Black Lake.
Resigned, I fell into the dark water with a splash. I had been working on my water transportation these past few days, as Grandma had clued me in on that little secret when she lent me basic knowledge of this world. However, I was still having trouble landing in the right spot.
Deciding to meet the mermaid population later, I asked the waters to push me back up to the surface so I could start my workout. If I wanted to keep my lil bro safe, I'd have to up my training. It was just too bad they didn't have a lava rock wall I could use.

-

I smiled as I walked into my first lesson of the year, excited. Susan had said that it was Defense against the Dark Arts, and that definitely sounded like a class where you learned how to kick butt.
"Mister Potter!"
I turned at the sound of my name to see the new teacher. My first impression of him was that he looked a lot like a Weasley, but more fierce. He had the same face, hair color, and freckles as Ron, but he held himself bravely. The scars on the left side of his face added to the image, as I thought they made him look strong.
"Hello, sir."
The man's demeanor softened as he laughed and held out his hand. "No need, Mister Potter. You've already met my family, just not me. I'm William Weasley, but you can call me Bill."
I shook his hand firmly, ignoring the chilly feeling that prickled at the back of my neck upon touching his hand. I couldn't sense any ill intentions from the man, so it must have just been a rare chill from the old castle.
I offered him a smile as I said, "Then call me Percy, Bill." I let go of his hand, but a question occurred to me. "No offense, but I had no clue you were our teacher. Did you come late, or did I miss you at the opening ceremony?"
The redhead laughed again as he brushed his long hair out of his face. "None taken. I just got in earlier this morning from Egypt. A friend had requested I do a last-minute job at a newly-found Egyptian tomb, and the Headmistress approved."
A Ravenclaw sitting at a large desk near the front of the room coughed as she glanced at her watch. Bill chuckled a bit sheepishly as he said, "Sorry. I guess I'm not quite used to being in a classroom again. If you could sit down, Per- err, Mister Potter."
I shot him a wink before I cried, "sir, yes, sir!" and sat in the empty seat beside the uptight Ravenclaw. She didn't seem to appreciate that, but she made no comment as she shuffled her stuff around and fixed her crazy red hair. It was similar to Hermione's, I thought, as Bill started checking the attendance. Hermione's was a lot more tame though.
"Marietta Edgecombe?"
The redhead next to me said, "Present," and I knew she would be a tough cookie to break. Sort of like Anna-
"Percy Potter?"
I choked up a little at where my thoughts were going, but cleared my throat before I said, "Howdy."
Marietta huffed, and I sighed quietly. She was like my Wise Girl, but a little more mean-spirited. This was going to be a difficult class.

-

I was making way down to Potions with Marietta, since Hannah and Susan both weren't taking the class, when the uptight Ravenclaw turned on me with her wand in her hand.
"What do you think you're doing?"
I looked from the wand to her in surprise- though, now that I thought about it, it really shouldn't have been that surprising. "Oh, I'm sorry," I rubbed my neck and smiled sheepishly at her angry face. "I noticed you had your potions stuff in your bag, and since I have it now too, I just thought I'd accompany you."
The girl harrumphed, turning her nose up at me as she put away her wand. "I don't need someone to 'accompany' me. I'm perfectly fine by myself." Marietta began walking again, but a few steps later, she turned around with just her pointer finger fixed on me. "And next time, I would appreciate it if you would actually consider the situation and talk to me, instead of following me around like a creep."
I stared at her for a moment before I realized that she was waiting for me, and I jogged to catch up with her. When I walked beside her, I chuckled nervously and said, "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that."
"You should be," was her sharp reply.

When Marietta and I finally got to Potions, I was sad to see that we weren't the first ones to arrive. Harry, Loki, Hermione, and a handful of other students I didn't know were already there.
I pouted for a second before I realized that the teacher wasn't there either. I snickered silently before walking over to my brothers, who were sitting together watching me.
"Hi, Percy!" I smiled at Harry as I replied, "Hey there, Hair-bear!" I walked around Loki's chair to get between them and gave Harry a quick hug around his neck before I shoved myself backwards, pushing Loki off of the chair I had nonchalantly stuck to the ground. I sat primly in the seat and asked, "How're you doing?" with a cheeky smile. Harry guffawed while Loki looked down through his long locks and fisted one of his hands on the ground.
"Percy," the Asgardian prince growled.
I turned to look at my older brother innocently, before I faked an expression of realization. I exclaimed, "Oh! I'm sorry, Loki. Here, I didn't need your stuff anyway," before I proceeded to swipe his bag off of the table. It fell on his legs with a satisfying 'thump'.
I snickered along with a few other people as Loki stood up silently, his hair falling in his face. "Percy."
I looked up at the annoyed frost giant in worry, before I stood up as well. I inspected his eyes as I said, "Oh dear me, did you hit your head when you fell, Lokes? You've said my name twice now, but nothing else. Do you have a concussion?"
Loki's eyes were blazing in anger as I laughed. It was just way too easy to rile him up. This was not the first time in the last few days I had managed to make him a silently raging monster.
The rest of the students in the class went silent as Loki opened his mouth. "Why you little-"
"Good afternoon class!"
Loki abruptly stopped talking and flinched as Mister Slughorn entered the classroom. The Prince of Mischief's eyes widened slightly and lost their angry gleam. It didn't diminish the strength of the glare he sent me though, and my blood started pumping in excitement. The glare had held a promise of retribution, and I couldn't wait. I had been bugging my older brother to spar with me for days now, but he always refused. Maybe this stunt finally managed to fire Loki up enough for him to agree.
"Why, Mister Potter, Mister Potter, and Mister Potter!" The large man chuckled. "What a delight it is to have all three of you in my class! I'm Professor Slughorn, if you didn't already know, and please, no need to stand, you both can sit down."
"Thank you, Mister Slughorn," I replied with a charming smile as I claimed my seat next to a snickering Harry.
I joined my little brother in snickering as Loki slowly grabbed his bag off of the floor with another glare directed towards me and then quietly asked Hermione, who was sitting right behind Harry, if he could sit with her. I stopped when the bushy-haired brunette agreed in order to turn around and stick my tongue out at him, since Mister Slughorn had already started talking again.