Chapter Ten ~ Percy

Sorry for the late update guys- it's exams time, so I'm not going to be able to update too soon. I'll hopefully get another update out on Broken and Never the Same though. Ciao!

I smiled at Harry as his worry visibly faded. "Hey Percy." I put down my fork and looked at Ron, one of Harry's best friends. "Have you ever played Quidditch?" I snickered, hearing another ridiculous name. "No, never even heard of it. What's with all the weird names?" Ron's jaw dropped, letting us see the train wreck that was his food. I cringed and covered my brother's eyes as he too made a face of disgust. Ginny and Hermione both made sounds of displeasure as Molly hit Ron upside the head. "Close your mouth, Ronnie. No one wants to see what you're eating." Ron's face grew scarlet as he swallowed, but he didn't continue eating. "How have you never heard of quidditch? It's the single most brilliant game there is!" I shrugged and cast a helpless glance at Harry, who only smiled with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well, we'll just have to teach you! I bet you'll be as natural in the air as Harry is." Grabbing a few pieces of bacon off of the platter in the middle of the table, Ron stuffed his face. "'Ione, yew can 'ell 'im!" Hermione rolled her eyes with a small smile playing on her face as Ginny slapped Ron's shoulder. "Stop talking with your mouth full Ron, you're disgusting." Harry chuckled as I gave a sad smirk, remembering a similar situation in the past on the Argo II. "Okay, Percy, the most basic history of Quidditch is-" Ron started waving his hand in the air, trying in vain to swallow everything in his mouth as everyone turned to look at him. A few moments later, it seemed he had achieved his goal. "Not that 'Mione! Tell him the rules, positions, and stuff." Hermione huffed, but she turned back to me with a small smile on her face. I wonder if that's how Annabeth felt with me... A constricting pain became known in my chest, but I ignored it, trying to listen as Hermione explained the deathtrap sport that was Quidditch. As she spoke of angry bowling balls, bird-like golf balls, and circular goals, I got terribly lost. The only thing I knew as she babbled on, was that I would not be doing this 'activity'. Zeus didn't like me already, there was no use aggravating him further by flying under his nose for some magic game. I cut Hermione off before she could catch her breath for another long speech. "Thanks for explaining Quidditch, but I won't be playing. I'm no good off the ground." Ron scoffed around his eggs, remembering to swallow this time, before he also began speaking. "Yeah righ' mate, 'no good' that's because you're great!" For some reason, I was reminded of a large tiger and cereal. "If he doesn't want to play Ron, it's fine. Hermione doesn't like playing Quidditch either!" Ron rolled his eyes and Harry gave me a concerned look while I responded with a wink. "Yeah, but that's because Hermione's... well, she's Hermione." Said girl huffed while finishing off her plate. "Well, since I will not be taking part in your day activities, as Ron already said, I will be rereading my school books and checking my summer homework. Good day." For once, I saw a chance, and I took it. "Yeah... sorry guys. I think I'll follow Hermione on this one. I need to get familiar with the-" I gagged, "course material." Harry sighed and nodded, taking a quick swig of his pumpkin juice. "That's a good idea Perce. I'll help you- after all, I still have some work to get done." Ron gasped and jumped up, overdramatic. "You! What have you done with my friends? Made clones, have you?" I chuckled as Ginny and Harry smiled. "No, I've only poisoned the food. Come Harry, we have stuff to talk about." I could feel Harry shiver next to me as the temperature seemed to drop. Ron felt it intimately, apparently, because he fell onto the floor, spitting out his bacon. "I was only kidding Ron, honestly." Hermione smirked as she spun away from Ron's aghast face and marched to the stairs, and up, her brown hair swaying. "Someone's in trouble." I hummed a little with my eyes pointing at the ceiling, easily dodging the punch Harry had aimed for my shoulder. "Nuh, uh, uh little brother, I'm faster than you." Harry was about to try and punch me again, but I grabbed his fist and shoved mine a centimeter from his glasses. "What'd I say?" I chuckled at his crossed eyes and lightly poked Harry's forehead. "Percy! Get Harry up here." I snickered, but leaned in to my speechless twin to whisper. "What's her problem?" The dazed look disappeared as Harry ascended the stairs and rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face. "She's always like that. If Hermione didn't mention homework once in an entire day, I'd say it's a ruddy miracle." I smirked as a prank came to mind- small, harmless, magic, and definitely funny. "Good thing I'm made of miracles." Harry scoffed and walked into Hermione's room, only for me to pull him back out again and grab the cat sailing towards Harry's head. "And just who, are you?" I raised my eyebrow as the cat glared at Harry, it took one glance at me, or more specifically my forehead, and it hissed. Odd. "Oh! I'm sorry, that's Crookshanks." Hermione gently took the cat from my arms and smoothed it's fur down. "He usually only jumps if..." She let her sentence drag off until she was just staring at me. Suddenly, something seemed to click in her head and she jolted a step back, reaching for her wand. I took a step back as well, eyes widening, but relaxed slightly when I felt my hand enclose around Riptide. Determination and suspicion lit up her eyes as she quickly unsheathed her wand, doing quick, crisp wand movements before Harry could even begin to react- and I certainly wasn't going to possibly hurt Harry's friend. "Incarcerous! Accio wand! Harry, get away from him!"