Chapter 3: First Kiss

Tris's POV

It's been two years since I met Tobias. We are really close, and I feel like I want him to be more than just my best friend. I really want to be more with him. He is stronger now. I am stronger now. We have been training in the training room every day since he showed it to me. It's like my second home. I, of course, told my mom about it, and she showed me some of her old Dauntless clothes and gave it to me, so when I come to the training room, I can change so I don't have to wear big, grey, baggy Abnegation robes. Tobias told me he found some Dauntless clothes around, so he took them. No one said he couldn't, so I didn't see what's wrong with that.

Tobias and I have been closer than ever. He has told me about his father's abuse and I hate it. Over time we met, I always like to check his back, even if he says it's okay, but for some reason it's like I don't believe him, I feel that he is just saying that because I would think he was weak or something, but I know he isn't. Though for some reason, he doesn't seem to understand that.

We are both still planning on leaving Abnegation, but I know that he is leaving two years before me, and I guess that's why we aren't more than friends I feel, but then again, why would he want to be with me? I am not pretty. I am not anything like any girls, I am skinny, maybe not ugly, but certainly not pretty. I have a feeling when he comes to Dauntless, every single girl will want him, and I have to say I don't like that. I am happy I have him now, but I don't want him to leave me or be with another girl. I know that is very selfish for me to say, so there is another reason I don't fit Abnegation, but right now, I really don't care.

It's a year to he is leaving. He is 17 years old and very handsome. I love him as my best friend, and I really like him, and I know that is wrong in Abnegation, but hey, I am a teenage girl, what do you expect? I am 15 years old now, time flies, it's like it was yesterday I met Tobias. It's true what I have heard people say - that when you have fun, time goes fast. I wonder if they are talking about minutes and hours or months and years. I fell like my life has actually been pretty good for the past two years, and it went by way to quick.

We are in the training room now; or well, I am here by myself. I don't know where Tobias is, but I guess he will be coming soon. I am now working on the punching bag. I feel like I am getting good at it. I am used to being here alone, sometimes I am the only one here or the opposite, depends on the day I guess.

"Hey you." I hear and I turn around to find Tobias looking at me, changed into his usually training clothes.

"Hey, how long have you been standing there? I didn't hear the door shut?" I ask turning to look at him.

"Not very long." He says walking over to me.

"How's your back?" I ask the same question over and over again. It's like a tradition now - every time he comes or we see each other, it's the first thing I ask him.

"As good as always." He answers, like always. Same question same answer.

"What took you so long?"

"School? When did you come?"

"I don't know, an hour ago," I tell him with a smile.

"What do you want to do now?" He asks and I look at him. There is one thing we have done very little of and that is actually fighting against each other.

"Fighting," I tell him and he looks at me with the look that says: no way I am going to fight you.

"Tobias, please! We never fight."

"That's because we can't afford to show bruise off." He says, which I know is a lie.

"Then don't hit my beautiful face then," I tell him and smile.