Chapter 10: Lost

Tris's POV 

(A Year Later, the day before the Choosing Ceremony)

I have just put Taylor to bed. He is so big now. He crawls and it just so fun to see how he grows up. I just wish that Tobias would be here to see him. It's the night before the Choosing Ceremony. I had my aptitude test today. I thought it was going to help me, but it didn't. Well, I already know what faction I am choosing, but I had the aptitude for Abnegation - which isn't that much of a news - then there is Dauntless - which I am not surprised over, after all, I have always wanted to be Dauntless - then there is Erudite - I had no idea I would fit in there, literally. Erudite? I just don't get it.

Mum and dad told me that they wanted to talk to me, before tomorrow. I just said goodnight to Taylor and Caleb said that he wanted to read for Taylor tonight since it's the last night, plus the fact that mum and dad want to talk to me.

I go downstairs and they are sitting on the couch talking with each other. I go and sit down next to them and they look at me and smiles.

"Hey," Mom says and I smile at her.

"Hi," I say.

"So, we just want to talk to you about tomorrow," Dad says and I look at him.

"What's there to talk about?" I ask.

"Well, do you know what you are going to choose?" He asks and I look at my mum. Should I nod or not? I don't want to hurt his feelings. "It's okay Beatrice, you can tell me."

"Yeah, I know," I tell him and he nods.

"Is it Dauntless?" He asks and I nod again.

"Dad -" I start.

"I told you, it would be okay. Beatrice, I had a feeling for it, since that's where your mother comes from and everything." He says smiling. "Now, what do you want to do with Taylor?"

"Well, I can't really take him with me, can I?" I ask, looking at both my parents.

"No, that is going to be way too dangerous," Mom says and I look at her.

"You want to go to Dauntless for sure, right?" She asks and I nod.

"Why don't I contact Hana now, and I will meet with her tonight and hand her Taylor for tonight because she won't be at the Choosing Ceremony and well it will be too dangerous to bring Taylor tomorrow at the Choosing Ceremony. Let me take Taylor now and bring him to Hana, so Hana can take care of him tonight and tomorrow?" She says and I look at dad.

"Will he be okay?" I ask her because right now, I want him to be okay.

"She is a great mother Beatrice, and he needs to get to know Hana, if Hana is going to help you during initiation, I would ask you to come with me, but you need your sleep." She says and I look at dad, who is nodding.

"Okay, let me get him and bring him downstairs though. I want to say goodbye." I say and stand up.

"It's just for tonight and tomorrow, then you can see him again Tris." She says and looks at me.

"Yeah, and that is way too long. He is my baby." I say, I really don't want him to go. I look at my mother and my dad who are smiling.

"What are you guys smiling at?" I ask.

"You really love Taylor, don't you?" Dad says and I nod.

"He is everything," I say.

"Go and get him and I will take him, okay?" My mother says and I nod. I walk upstairs to find Caleb reading to him. I smile at them. They really do look cute together.