Chapter 12: Liar?

Tris's POV

Eric has been telling us about today's training. It seems as if we are going to learn how to shoot a gun - which sounds really interesting since I haven't done it before and then in the afternoon, we are going to learn some fighting techniques. Which just sounds boring, at least if Tobias is going to teach them because I know pretty much every single fighting technique since he taught me a few years ago.

"Everyone, grab a gun!" Eric shouts his voice booming and bouncing off the walls causing an echo, which snaps me back to reality. I walk with the rest of initiates and grab a gun. I walk back to the target and wait for something interesting to happen. Last night, I was with Tobias until late and I didn't get to bed until like midnight, so I am extremely tired.

Four goes to stands in front of the target, shows us the position we need to stand in, and shows us how to shoot as well. He tells us that it's different from a knife and that we need to be careful. I already know that it's different, considering but the fact that it's heavier than I thought. But other than that, it doesn't feel so different. Maybe I will notice something when I shoot.

"Your turn." Four says when he is done. I stand in the same position as Four and lift the gun up to eye level. I get ready to shoot when I notice everyone around me staring at me.

"What?" I murmur a bit embarrassed and Christina comes over to me.

"I think everyone is waiting for you to magically hit the bull's eye today too." She whispers and I smirk.

"Seriously? I have never held a gun before and I have no idea how to do this." I tell her and she chuckles.

"Good luck." She yells and steps away followed by a wink. I turn now facing the target and look around again, I have to say I have never been a fan of an audience. Okay, here goes nothing.

I straight ahead at the target knowing that I am going to fail this, why do I even care. Okay, let's get this over with. A loud bang follows my train of thoughts. I knew I wouldn't hit the bull's eye, but I hit the arm. I guess that's better than nothing. When I whip around I see that all the pairs of eyes in the room are still set on me.

"Okay..." I start and all of a sudden I'm cut off by everyone clapping and I'm just standing there clueless with my mouth hung open. I didn't even hit the bull's eye. Christina sees my confusion and walls over to me.

"You did hit the target. Everyone wasn't expecting you to hit the bullseye, only around the target." She says and I nod once relief floods in knowing I hadn't disappointed them at least.

"That's enough now, back to work everyone!" Eric yells so loud that the whole Dauntless compound probably heard him. I guess he didn't like the fact that I managed to hit the target or that I was the centre of attention, which is totally fine by me. I don't mind not being the centre of attention anyways.

It's lunch now. Everyone has hit the target, but only a few managed to hit bull's eye. Me being one of them. I managed to hit the bull's eye after just a few shots at the target. The gun isn't that different from the knife, except that when you let the bullet fly you need to be careful because you can fall since the pressure is pretty strong.

Anyways, when I got to Hana's apartment last night, we started talking about how we were going to do this. She told me that Max wants her at the fence once a week to make sure everything is okay or something like that. I didn't really understand what she meant but it was something along those lines. She can't take Taylor with her, so I need to figure out what I need to do today, I guess. Since she is leaving today after dinner.

It's just for three days, but that is three days without knowing what to do. I really wonder what I am going to do with Taylor. I am walking to her apartment now, alone, Christina, Al, and Will went to get something to eat from the cafeteria for me. When I get to her apartment. I go inside and don't bother knocking. I am pretty used to be here and she knows I am the one coming at this time. I go inside and she flashes a quick smile at me.