Chapter 13: He's Trying To Figure You Out

Tris's POV

I wake up to Taylor screaming quickly sitting up, I frantically look around trying to figure out where I am. I look to my right and find Tobias sleeping. Right, I think to myself we're staying at his house for three nights. Damn, I don't think I have had such a nice sleep since he left two years ago.

I look over at his nightstand and see his clock which reads 2:56 am. Taylor usually wakes up around 3 and then at later on at 6 and doesn't fall asleep after that.

I turn to look at him and when he sees me, he abruptly stops screaming.

"What is it, baby?" I ask as I pick him up so that he can sit on my lap. His gaze lands on me and I laugh at him. "You are going to wake your dad up, and we wouldn't want that now, would we Ty?"

Taylor keeps peering at me and I grin down at him and then he starts giggling. "Are you laughing at me, Ty?" I ask him mockingly and he keeps giggling.

"What's going on babe?" I turn around to find Tobias lying on the pillow looking up at me. Did he just say, babe? He used to say that in Abnegation, it's just weird hearing it again after so long.

"Sorry, Ty woke up," I respond and look back down at Ty.

"It's okay." Tobias replies and I nod, even though I know he can't see me.

I feel the bed move and a few seconds later find Tobias sitting up next to me and I glance around at him.

"Why isn't he sleeping?" Tobias asks.

"I don't know, he always wakes up in the night," I answer and he nods.

He puts his right arm around me and I lean on his shoulder. Taylor looks at Tobias but doesn't move. It's like he is trying to figure out who Tobias really is without it being very noticeable. Though I do know that he is trying to figure out Tobias. It's interesting.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" Tobias whispers to me and I laugh.

"He is trying to figure you out." I tell him and I can feel his smile against my head.

"We need sleep babe." He says and I nod.

"I know, I just haven't had him wake me up in the middle of the night for so long now," I tell him and he nods.

"Look he is slowly falling asleep, if you put him down now, you probably won't wake him rather than when he is asleep in your arms."

 "How do you know that?" I ask him, I know he is right, but when did he do his research?

"Well, don't think I didn't do anything after I found out I was a father." He sates and I glance around at him. 

"Really?" I ask him and he nods.

"I love you Tris and we are going to work all this out somehow, it's just a bit of shock, but I'll get over it." He says.

 "I love you too Tobias, and thank you, for everything," I tell him he smiles

He kisses my cheek and takes Taylor out of my arms and puts him on the floor. I watch him as he does it and at that moment I couldn't be happier. Tobias is here right now, with us. I really did miss him.

He stands up and looks at me and I smile. "What?" I ask as he looks at me and shakes his head.

"We really need to get a bigger apartment." He states and I look at him.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I cannot have him in the same room as us, no matter how much I love him." He says and I laugh.