Chapter 8: Transfer?

Tris POV

I wake up from the movement in the bed. I open my eyes to find my mum looking down at me. I turn to look at the clock on my nightstand and it reads 10 AM. I am supposed to be at school today. Why didn't Caleb wake me up? He always wakes me up. Why didn't my parents wake me up?

"Why didn't you wake me up? I am going to be late." I say and I turn to look at mum.

"I told your dad and Caleb that I was going to keep you home today. We need to get you checked up. You have to take care of yourself, you have to take care of the baby Beatrice." She says and hides my face under the blankets. I hoped that was a dream. I guess not.

"Really? We have to do that today?" I ask and she takes the blankets away from me.

"You need food and I don't want you to go to the training room unless you are allowed too." She says and I groan. If I am going to survive being pregnant, I need my punching bag.

"Who will tell me when I am allowed to?"

"I do." She says smiling. "Come we are going to eat, then I am getting my friend from Dauntless to do a check up on you."

I get ready. I take a quick shower and I get dressed in my normal Abnegation clothes. Boring and grey. I walk downstairs to find my mum making boring Abnegation food. God, what is it with me today? Everything is negative. I really need to change that.

"Why is your friend from Dauntless doing a check up? Why can't I just go to Erudite?" I ask and sit down on the couch.

"Because I know this person and because I think we should tell your brother and father before the whole city finds out. " She says handing me a plate of scrambled eggs.

"When are we going to meet her?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Well I already contacted her, and she wanted us to go to Dauntless and she would have her things there at her house, but I got her to come to our place instead. I figured that would be easier." I look at my mum and she looks different. She seems carefree. I would love to see her be Dauntless one time.

"I am going to be able to go to school tomorrow?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Let's talk to your father and Caleb tonight, and make sure they know, and I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to go to school tomorrow. But why do you want to go to school, I thought you would be happy when I told you were staying home today." She says smiling.

"Well we are learning at some new building and I don't know. It's interesting, it's not this boring place where we have been studying for years." I say, actually looking forward to going to school tomorrow. Meeting new people would be great.

"Okay." She says with a smile. Then there is a knock on the door. My mum opens the door and I just keep eating my food sitting on the couch. I keep eating, pretending that no one is here. Ignoring that my mum is talking to her old Dauntless friend. I really never really believed or thought that I would ever see my mum being Dauntless.

"This is Tris." My mum says. I am so lost in thoughts that I don't turn, it's only when I feel my mum touch my shoulder.

"Hey," I say.

"Hello, Tris." She says. "I am Hana."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too." She says smiling. "So I hear that you might be pregnant?" She says and I nod.

"Well if you at, I want to take you to the hospital in Dauntless so I can do an actually check, but for now, let's just see, okay?" She asks and I nod.