20|I've Got Somewhere To Be

The dance was costume themed. I took a shower then put on a robe to make sure my dress didn't get dirty in the process of doing my makeup. I made my eye shadow dark and smoky, but not too dark. I took my hair out of the curlers and formed vintage rolls.

Ah, old Hollywood. A wonderful time for fashion!

Just as I finished putting on my jewelry and dark red lipstick, my mom texted me that my date was here( my mom is pretty modern, right?). I slipped on my black heels, which would make tonight a challenge and started making my way downstairs. While descending the stairs I decided to take a look down into the foyer and-

Wait a minute, I thought that he was planning to honk and pick me up outside?

Why was he here? My mom HATED him!

I HATED HIM(hate is a little strong but it was pretty close to that)!

I ran down as fast as the dress and heels permitted me to, but they were just talking.

"Okay mom I'll be back by 10." I smiled and kissed her cheek in a rushed frenzy, eager to get out the door.

"Oh no!" I flinched and waited for her to start yelling at Oliver/Nick "Don't bother coming back that early. Nick and you can stay out as late as you like" She smiled but then, said in a serious manner, "Just be safe."

"Okay mom thanks..." I gave Oliver a 'what did you do to her?' glance but he just smiled.

"You look beautiful. Should we go now?" He held out his arm as if I would grab it.

"Yeah, let me go get my ke-"

"You don't need to! There is a limo!" My mom screamed a whisper. I looked at her with a shocked/embarrassed expression. Everything(since I woke up from the coma) was getting easier to do, so I could walk faster now. The cloudy weather outside(yes it is cloudy most of the time) was beautiful in my eyes, like a secret waiting to be spilled. The eyes of the world, of the universe. I forgot that there was a chauffeur and I opened the car door myself.

I got into the car and stared out the window until I could see the school.

*****Later at the dance*****

This time the chauffeur was able to open the door before I could. I thanked him and stepped out of the limo and preceding to almost tripping because my legs refused to take another step towards what us kids called jail. Oliver pushed me back into an upright position and I mentally thanked him, which is pretty much like thanking him but anyway...

The dance was of course being held in the gym, because it was the biggest room we had at our school. There was no grand staircase like in the movies or some huge spotlight being directed at us. It was just real, and honestly it's something I have been needing for a while.

Given what has been happening since finding out I was a Hybrid.

We walked down the three steps onto the level floor of the gymnasium and nobody was staring. I smiled to myself but realized that people were in fact staring, but not at me. Can you guess who?

If you guessed Oliver then you are right(imagine me rolling my eyes right about now).

But Oliver didn't give any of them a first glance as we glided to the small tables to the right of the dance floor. He drops the gentleman act and slumped into the chair across from me, while putting his usual brooding mask on(or should I say half mask).

"Well, we're here so are you going to tell me or not?" I say annoyed after sitting quietly for several minutes.

"I'll tell you about your boyfriend first." He smirks knowing that he has already annoyed me in the first couple minutes.