Chapter Three

I hear the front door open. "Daddy's home!" I hear my fathers familiar voice yell. I jump out of my seat and run down the stairs to meet him. As soon as he sees me, his smile falls and his face turns to an expression of pure anger. I was confused until I realized that he was looking at my right cheek.
"Who did this to you?! I swear to god i'll kill them. Damn it!" Tears well up in my eyes. I hate when my dad yells. His face softens as he notices. "Baby, please tell me who did this. I can't bare to see my princess hurt." I look down at my feet. "It was some jerk at school..." He walks up to me, lifting up my chin. "And why would he do that to you?" I gulped. Id hoped he wouldn't ask. "Um..he tried to get me to sleep with him and I refused." I've never seen my dad so angry in my life. He walks over to the wall and punches a hole in the wall while screaming at the top of his lungs. He begins throwing things all around the room in a furious rage. I begin to panic and run up to my room and slam the door. I feel my brain cloud again and feel the familiar feeling of a panic attack quickly approaching. I've never had one so intense in my life. Images of my furious father causing destruction flood my mind until I can't take it anymore. I see black dots in my vision and i fall backwards, unconsciousness consuming me. The last thing I remember is faintly hearing my door open and someone yelling, "What have a done?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light in the room. I look around and realize that I'm in my bed. I don't remember what happened or how i got here, but i'm extremely exhausted. "Daddy?" I yell out. I hear someone quickly stumble up the stairs and my door soon opens. It reveals my father, but he looked completely different. His once neatly groomed hair is now disheveled. He has bags underneath his eyes. Most importantly, he's not smiling. "D-daddy? Is everything okay? Did i do something wrong? I'm sorry." "No! No, baby, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one who was a terrible father." My confused expression signaled my dad to further explain. "I made you have the worst panic attack of your life last night. I'm supposed to protect and care for you, not terrify you. I'm sorry that I let you down baby doll." He looks down at the ground with shame evident on his face. I can't help but start giggling. His head shoots up with a look of confusion. "Daddy, you're the best father i could ever even hope for! You love me and protect me from everything that could seriously hurt me in the outside world! The only reason you got angry enough for me to panic was because you were fuming about a boy hurting me. Don't beat yourself up about this. I love you." My dad ran forward and hugged me tightly. "I love you so much baby girl. You're my everything."