Chapter Ten

*Third Person*

"What do you mean she's not here?" J yelled. Two Face chuckled. "I could mean lots of things. Maybe I mean she's not here in this warehouse. Maybe I mean she's not here in this specific room with us. Or maybe I mean she's not here on this Earth anymore.." J grabs Two Face by the collar and pushes him against the wall. "I swear to god if you killed her you will regret it." "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. There's a chance that I did." J growled in frustration. "Alright boys, hold this idiot here while I look around for any sign of Ace." The two goons with me grabbed Two Face and held him by his arms. J started walking away. "You know J, there's also a chance that I did many other things to your precious baby girl. After all, she's been gone for some time..." J stopped in his tracks. "What did you do to her?" he whispered. "There's a chance I did a whole lot of different things." "Like what?" "Like have some fun. You know, beat her senseless, burn her, make love to her gorgeous body.." The Joker screamed out, charging at Two Face. He punches him straight across the face, seething with anger. "Don't you dare speak about her in that way. If you disgraced her body, I will not hesitate to kill you." J turned on his heel and began running down the corridors, screaming out his daughters name. Hoping that Two Face lied and that she was really here. He ran and searched for an hour before stopping and leaning against the wall and sliding to the ground, heartbroken. He thought she was really here. She just had to be. He stood up, slowly walking away when he noticed something that he hadn't noticed when running. The wall ahead of him had a slight indention. He walked forward and touched it, realizing that it was a button. Of course, there had to be a secret place that she was being kept. He took a breath and pushed the button. The wall slid up, revealing a staircase. J walked down the stairs cautiously. At the bottom of the steps was a door. J grabbed the door knob and slowly opened the door, revealing his worst nightmare.

There she was. My beautiful girl. I should be happy. But I'm not. Of course I'm relieved to see her. But it's what i see that upsets me.

My baby girl is laying sprawled on the ground, completely naked. Her body is covered with cuts, bruises, burns, and blood. She is so skinny. Her ribs are sticking out. The floor surrounding her has dried blood on it. Her arms are tied to a post and she looks utterly broken. She lifts her head to look at me, her eyes changing from pure terror to confusion. "Daddy?" she whispered. I nod and rush forward to her, dropping to my knees right in front of her. I pull a knife out of my pocket so that i can cut the ropes. She looks at me with fear and tries to back away. "I'm not going to hurt you baby. I just want to cut the rope so that you can move. Okay? Just breathe darling." She nods and I cut the rope quickly. We stare at each other for a moment before she reaches her hand to my cheek. She strokes my cheekbone with tears in her eyes. "You came back for me?" For the first time in my life, I felt my own eyes well up with tears. "Of course baby. I love you." She jumps forward into my arms, sobbing loudly. I wrap my arms around her fiercely, holding her to my body. Her small frame shakes as her cries wrack her whole body. "It hurt so much. Oh my god." she screamed through her tears. "I know baby. He's going to pay for what he did to you. He'll never hurt you again. I've got you." She digs her nails into my back, trying to relieve the pain she was feeling. I continually kissed the side of her head, trying my best to calm her. I stroke her hair softly and whisper sweet nothings in her ear. After about 5 minutes, her once loud sobs turn to quiet whimpers. "Are you ready to go love?" She nods. I stand up and slip off my jacket. I pull up Ace and wrap her in the soft material. As she takes one step, she yells out and falls to the ground. "I'll kill him for doing this to you" J mumbles as he kneels in front of Ace. "Now love, I'm going to carry you, okay?" She nods slowly. I grab under her thighs to carry her bridal style. She audibly whimpers when I make contact. "Ace, I promise you that I will never hurt you. You're safe with me." She buries her face in my neck and wraps her arms around me as I stand with her in my arms. I walk up the stairs and through the corridors, reaching my goons. The only problem was that they were on the ground, dead. There was a note laying next to them. It read, "If you want me, you're going to have to catch me first J. Oh, and tell you're sexy little girl to watch her back. You stole what's mine and you'd better believe I'm going to make you pay for that. ~Two Face"