Chapter Thirteen

Third Person

Joker opened his eyes and run a hand down his tired face. That night had been quite restless and difficult for him. Ace couldn't go an hour without thrashing around in her sleep, prompting him to shush her and whisper loving things in her ear until she relaxed. He wasn't used to this little sleep, but he knew that he couldn't sleep any longer because today he was going to surprise Ace. J rolled over to see his darling girl, but to his surprise she was gone. Normally this wouldn't worry him in the slightest, but given the current circumstances, this sent him into a wave of panic. He leapt out of the bed and ran out of the room. "Ace? Ace?" he continuously yelled until he bumped into a small figure, sending it toppling backwards. J looked down and saw Ace with a small grin on her face. "Well it's nice to know that you missed me" she giggled. J extended his hand to her, pulling her up quickly. "You kind of freaked me out, doll. I thought something had happened to you." "I'm sorry Daddy! I just wanted to surprise you with breakfast since I kind of kept you up all night. I'm sorry that I scared you. I didn't mean to." A small grin creeped onto J's face. "Thank you darling, it smells amazing. Speaking of breakfast, you need to eat something as well." Ace's eyes widened. "Hey, love, Ill help you through it. I promise. I just want you to be healthy." Ace nodded slowly and grabbed J's hand, leading him to the table. "This looks amazing love. thank you so much. Now, will you take a bite of toast for Daddy?" Ace nodded softly, hesitantly grabbing a piece of toast from the plate. Looking up to her father for reassurance, she took a small bite from the toast. She took two more bites before she felt nauseated. It was a small step, but it was progress, and J couldn't be prouder. "Good job love. We'll try some more in a bit, alright?" Ace smiled lightly. "Thank you Daddy." "Darling, can you go get changed while I eat? I want to take you somewhere." "Where?!" "It's a surprise love." With that, Ace bolted out of the kitchen to change, causing the Joker to chuckle fondly.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy, where are we going? We've been walking for so long!" "It's only been 5 minutes Ace." "Are we almost there?" "Hang on one second. Close your eyes." Ace obeyed, allowing her father to lead her blindly. "You can open your eyes now. We're here." Ace slowly opened her eyes to reveal a small park. The park that Ace wanted to go to the day she was taken. Ace's small grin turned into a full blown smile as she squealed and hugged J. "Thank you so much Daddy!" Ace grabbed J's hand and pulled him towards the swings. When they reach them, they both begin swinging as high as they can, laughing louder and more genuine than they had in ages. They were carefree, and it was a wonderful feeling.

-------------------------------------------------------
AN
hey guys! so this chapter is kind of short, but the next chapter will be longer and have some VERY important plot points in it! Please comment and vote!

xxx