Chaper Eleven

Aces POV

I open my eyes slowly, dreading waking to another day of pain and torture. However, I'm greeted with softness and warmth, something that I've longed for. I blink my eyes slowly, taking in my surroundings. Dark purple walls surrounded the room I was in. I looked down to see deep green sheets covering my body. I'm wearing oversized mint jumper and black shorts. The sheets smelled musky, just like how my dad smells. Then everything clicked. Im in my dad's room. I'm home. I sit up quickly in excitement, soon regretting it. I yell out in pain, falling back onto the bed. My body feels as if it were on fire. I begin to whimper quietly when I hear quick footsteps coming towards the room. The door swings open to reveal my father's concerned face. He runs to me and kneels at the side of the bed so he's almost eye level with me. "What's wrong baby? What hurts?" "Everything," I groan. "I know love. You're beaten up pretty badly." I turn my head to meet my father's blue eyes. I stare for only a few moment before my emotions take over and a silent tear rolls down my cheek. "Why are you crying darling?" "I just love you so much. I thought I'd never see you again." My dad's eyes widen before he leans forward and carefully pulls me into his arms. "Oh baby, that will never happen. I'm never letting you go again." I nuzzle my head into his neck, savoring his warmth that I missed so much. After a while, he places me back on the bed softly, kissing my forehead. "You must be starving. You're so much skinnier." I nod my head quickly. He stands to leave. "Daddy?" "Yes princess?" I look up at him with pleading eyes. "Please don't leave me." "Darling, I'm only going to the kitchen." "Please Daddy," I whisper. He sighs and walks to the bed side, pulling me to a sitting position. He reaches under my arms and lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He wraps his hands under my thighs as I lean my head on his shoulder. He walks out of the door and to the kitchen, setting me on the counter. "What do you want to eat, love?" "Can I have...a grilled cheese?" He chuckles quietly. "Anything for my princess." Ten minutes later, the sandwich is in front of me. The strange thing is, although I feel starving, I can't bring myself to eat more than a bite. I took one bite and I feel ill. I push the plate away, causing myself to receive a worried look for my dad. "Do you not like it? I can make you something else if you'd like.." "No! It's not that..." "Then what is it love?" "I can't eat anymore. My stomach hurts." "But you have to eat. You have to Ace." "I can't!" "Do not raise your voice at my young lady. I am just trying to help you." I look down, ashamed. "I know, I'm sorry. But I really don't think I can. My body won't let me." "What do you mean?" "I guess since I haven't eaten in so long, my body is used to the amount of food I was eating. I can't handle more than that." He nods slowly, processing what I said. "Please Ace, just a few more bites. For me?" I sigh, but agree. After two more bites, I feel the food coming back up. I cover my mouth and run as fast as I can to the bathroom. I release my meal into the toilet, falling to my knees. I feel a cool hand rubbing my back under my jumper while the other hand pulls my hair back. Once I'm sure that I can't vomit anymore, I lean back into my father's chest. "I'm sorry.." "Shh baby. It's okay. It's not your fault." He scoops me up bridal-style and carries me to the couch. He lays my down softly before walking out of the room. Before I can protest, he calls out "I'm right here baby. I'm just going into the kitchen for a second. Just listen to the sound of my voice." My heightened breathing slowed at the sound of his soothing voice. He quickly returned with a wet rag, which he placed on my forehead. He strokes my hair back softly. "You should rest some more, Ace. We can try eating again when you wake up. We'll go slower, don't worry. You're going to get better. I promise. Ill be right beside you the whole time." I nod with a soft smile. I close my eyes and let the much needed sleep take over my body.